James

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James

After a 23 year career as a marketing-guy in Silicon Valley, I am having a great time with Forno Bravo. I have been in Italy for coming up on two years with my family. Our daughters attend the International School in Florence and are in 1st and 6th grade. My wife, Carrie, is English, and is enjoying being in Europe and being closer to her family. I spend a lot of time meeting producers, chefs and food companies. We are returning to Healdsburg, in the California wine country, in August. In addition to being a pizza oven enthusiast, I have also rennovated an old Pinot Noir vineyard at our Healdsburg house, and planted Olive trees. A vineyard designate Russian River Pinot Noir made from our grapes recently got a 91 from Robert Parker. Personally, I made some very mediocre wine from those same grapes -- which tells me I'm a lot better at pizza ovens than wine making.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

healdsburg

James,
    I Remeber Spending Time Around Healdsburg As A Child.(my Great-aunt Had A Summerhouse On The Pieta Creek). The Property Belonged To A Family Friend Named Tony Dimarcantonio. There Was Also A Place Called "the Rock Shop" On Or Next To The Property. As I Remember, Tony Grew Grapes On The Otherside Of The Highway Next To The Russian River. I'm Kind Of Wondering If Your Property In Healdsburg Is Close To The Area I'm Talking About Or Even The Same Property. My Name Is Dennis Fascilla. I Live In Puebla Mexico. For Many Years I Worked Alongside My Father And His Partners Making All Of The Varieties Of Colombo Sourdough Frenchbread And Also Foccacia. I Love To Cook And Especially Make Pizza. I Have Just Never Been Satisfied With With The Results That I Get With My Crust In My Home Oven (or The Mozzerella That I've Found Here In Mexico So Far) So I Was Quite Happy When I Found This Forum The Other Day. I Am Planning To Build A Pompei Style Oven And Am Now Investigating Materials. Brick Is Readily Available Here Along With Terra Cotta Clay. Also, We Have A Weekend House On A Ranch That
    Has A Huge Lava Gravel Pit (both Red And Black Lava). So Hopefully I'll Get Some Help On The Forum To Choose The Best Material. Anyway, Just Thought I'd Write And Say Hello.

Take Care
    Dennis

Comment

The Colombo bakery

Dennis,

I get it. Colomobo as in the Colombo Bakery. Nice to meet you. You have great baking in your blood. We are down the road from Chalk Hill Winery -- we're in the Russian River appellation. What brings you to Mexico?

You will have a great time with your oven -- wood-fired baking doesn't compare with a conventional oven. I'm looking forward to seeing you choice of materials and photos. The pizza oven in Naples are insulated with volcanic tufa. Perhaps you can put your local materials to good. Of course vermiculite is basically volcanic popcorn.

Let us know how your project goes.
      James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Foundations of pizza.

[]You sound like the perfect executive producer for my upcoming pizza oven building epic. You can teach the world to make pizza ovens, and my sister can teach you how to make Pinot Noir (As taught to her by some of the world's best.. Clendenen.. Lindquist.. Grahm.. etc. I figure we'll shoot it at Coppola, throw in a few historical anecdotes and celebrity cameos and we've got GOLD buddy, GOLD!! daturamovie@gmail.com
        Last edited by redbricknick; 04-20-2006, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X