Curing question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curing question

I have a casa 100 and on day 1 of curing. Can I speed cute by doing 300 for 6 hours then immediately going to 350 and so on, effectively curing it over a weekend ?

also how do I control the temperature. When I check the dome it sometimes hits 400 and sometimes 280 depending on how high the flame is in those few moments. Is it very stringent ?

Hi Waleedshinwari,

Welcome to the forum.
    When I check the dome it sometimes hits 400 and sometimes 280 depending on how high the flame is in those few moments.
    This is why I now advise charcoal (started outside the oven) for the first stage of drying the oven. It is a much more controllable at the lower temp stages. Then graduate to elevated lump charcoal which burns hotter but still has no direct flame impingement.

Can I speed cute by doing 300 for 6 hours then immediately going to 350 and so on, effectively curing it over a weekend ?
    At your own risk. It is best to follow FornoBravo's recommended schedule. They are the holder of the warranty. Even my above advise falls a little outside of that. Not by temperature, just the method.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Working...
    X