Homemade Rosemary Crackers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Homemade Rosemary Crackers

I made these crackers but I'm not sure they turned out right. I tried my best to roll them as thin as I could before putting them in the oven. After baking them, they seemed to puff up thicker than I expected. See photo. Is my result the way they are supposed to be? I think the thickness made them more doughy than I expected. They were cooked through but just not as light as I hoped.

Comment

IME they are never the texture you'd expect from a box cracker, but that is what makes them so good. If you want them thinner, try dividing the dough into smaller portions to roll out. Also let it relax for a few minutes if it starts to fight you. I do it on a big sheet of parchment on the counter and then transfer the whole thing to a sheet pan. One batch of dough should completely cover a half sheet pan, IIRC (I make them by the double or triple batch) I like them rolled a little thinner than what you've got, but still with some heft--the better to hold up a big glob of artichoke dip with!
      You can also try baking them longer at a lower temp to get a crispier texture without burning.

Comment

Good ideas. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Working...
        X