Pizza Time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pizza Time!

That you Liz? Ha! I gotta make it down your way one of these days.

I close this week on a house with a WFO. Doing my homework to make sure I enjoy the amenities.

You and the family have to stop in when you're up my way.

Comment

Just joined this forum and I'm glad to be a part of the small community of pizza aficionados! After years of tolerating mediocre pizza in the Austin area, I finally decided to spend some time researching the correct way to make pizza. First making my own dough with baker's yeast and then moving on to sourdough cultures. Experimenting with techniques in the oven, various pizza stones, etc. I've finally graduated to brick oven cooking with the purchase of the small Primavera oven and I love it. Although we've had big pizza parties in the past, this Saturday's promises to be an even bigger one since it'll be the grand unveiling of pizza oven. (FYI, I've been practicing for many weeks so it won't be a cold start). We plan on having several dozen folks come over and I hope to prepare as many as 30 pizzas! One favorite that I've gotten great feedback on is a white sauce pizza with pancetta, shrimp and pepperocini. It's a sort of Italian spin on the classic bacon-wrapped shrimp and jalapeno. Looking forward to inspiration, tips, advice and insight through everyone here!

Comment

Hello fellow Austinite! Good luck with your party!

Comment

Hi everyone, would like your opinion about this: Is charing around edge of the crust a good or bad thing? I get mixed reviews about that, so I'm a little baffled.
          Our Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoneh...60738907277443

Comment

Personally, I do not like char, nor does the family. It does seem to be de rigueur, though, among the pizza crowd. Luckily, I cook for me not them....

Comment

Working...
            X