X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SedonaDale
    replied
    Re: Pizza Dough Disaster?

Problem Solved. Just wanted to let you know what happened incase you have the same problem. It was the flour! Who would have thought. We tried SEVERAL times to get that nice puffy stretchy dough. No luck. Then I tried some new flour. Still Caputo 00, but one I recently purchased. Worked like a charm. Then I looked up on the web, and even unopened flour only lasts a few months! I never would have guessed.

Leave a comment:

• SedonaDale
    started a topic Pizza Dough Disaster?

Pizza Dough Disaster?

We have finally completed our oven and are starting to try new recipes. I tried the forno bravo pizza dough recipe posted on the recipe section a few times. I used a bread machine to mix it and it really made it easy. The fist two times it turned out perfect. It was easy to stretch, quite thin and worked great. Then I tried it another time. It was so dry I had to throw it away. Thinking I measured something wrong I tried again. It was better, but still dry and it didn't seem to rise. I checked the yeast and it was fine. I think it is because the weather (humidity) may be different now? My husband thinks it's because I used the bread machine. Any ideas?
Working...
X