X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thickstrings
    replied
    Re: Fry pan

I wish there was a Aldi's where I live.....They were in Chicago, when I lived there...I'm in a small town of 500, the main grocery is Wal-mart, about 12 mi. away....This is okra country..lol... A cuilinary wasteland.. Most people here think pizza is ketchup on crackers.....Every thing is deep fried...so, anyway, I did manage to find a few pans on Webstaurant.com 14"cast aluminium,18.99....its a resturant supply online store.....bought a 10" and 12" also...under 60$ shipped for all....

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

I was in Aldi today and they have cast enameled casserole and fry pans on special, the fry pans were $19.90 I think.

Leave a comment:

• TropicalCoasting
    replied

Ive had the Aldi ones for a few years they are excellent and the right price.

Leave a comment:

• Greenman
    replied

Keep an eye on Aldi. $20 ........ works a treat. The enamelled cast iron dutch oven works fine too. If you are a capitalist the French ones are very nice and at the other end of the scale the terracotta tray from under the aspidistra will get you out of trouble as detailed in a post earlier.

Leave a comment:

• thickstrings
    replied

Thanks Brickie, Did'nt want to get a Chinese pan and find out it was made from lead....

Leave a comment:

• brickie in oz
    replied

Originally posted by thickstrings View Post
    The La Crousette is out of my price range..

All my cast ware is La Crousette, well it would be if its made in China as its all knock offs and works beautifully.

Leave a comment:

• thickstrings
    started a topic Fry pan

Fry pan

My 14" is giving up...whatever the coating is,was is coming off. I need this for inside cooking on a electric ceramic top, so the cast iron ones will scratch,ask me how I know. Is there a favorite? Really need the 14" or better with some kind of non-leathal coating....Suggestions? The La Crousette is out of my price range..
Working...
X