• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deejayoh
    replied
    Re: Wood Splitter

I have one of these. They really work well

Amazon.com : Fiskars 7884 X27 Super Splitting Axe, 36-Inch : Patio, Lawn & Garden

But I should note - I love spending an afternoon splitting firewood. I find it relaxing, and there's nothing as satisfying as seeing that stack of split wood when you're done.

Leave a comment:

• boerwarrior
    replied
    Re: Wood Splitter

Oh I'm sure you will get a lot of comments on wood splitters!

I will start - I have used several. When I have a lot of wood to split I rent a tow-behind beast that is powerful and fast. For a lot of wood, I find speed to be a bigger issue than the power - but you don't want one that is underpowered either.

I own a manual splitter from Harbor Freight which s fine for splitting 1-2 firings of wood.

If I only need a few smaller pieces it is easiest to use a wedge (it looks like a large chisel) and a hammer. If the wood is dry you can split plenty of pre-cut pieces remarkably quickly

Leave a comment:

• LucyRicardo
    started a topic Wood Splitter

Wood Splitter

Has anyone had any experience with a wood splitter? The logs I have are a little large and I find that smaller pieces work better. I bought a pedal type splitter from Amazon but it was terrible and I returned it.
Working...
X