Wood fired cookng school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood fired cookng school

Has anyone here ever attended a wood fired cooking school in Northern California?

I checked the cooking tab here on Forno Bravo and I found the Forno Rustica site. I e-mailed her to see if she was still in business, but I have not heard back yet (Not complaining, it's been about 20 minutes). She says that she will travel to your house to teach a class or teach at her location (not sure where that is).

The Mugnaini classes are insanely expensive ($1995 per person for a three day class, so that is a non starter for me.

I have had my oven for about two years now and I have gotten pretty good at pizza, but I would like to get better at other foods.

If Forno Rustica is still in business, is there anyone here that would share the cost of a class if I brought her to my location (Brentwood in Northern California)?

Re: Wood fired cookng school

Ok, I heard back from Forno Rustica and she has moved to New York, so that is off the table......

That brings us back to the first question I guess......

Any good schools out there?

Comment

Can't really be of too much help in directing you to a wood fired cooking school in California, as I am from Ohio. I can however, recommend a very good book. It is called "From the Wood Fired Oven" and is written by Richard Miscovich. I would highly recommend it.

Comment

Thank you,

Book ordered,,,,,

Comment

Attend the international pizza expo in Las Vegas (sometime in March I think) I attended two years and found it very helpful. You need to pretend to have a pizza place or be in the planning stage but just get some cards made up and you will be accepted. No background check.

My cards say Wood Chip Pizza.

My title: Direttore del Legno (Director of Wood)

The graphic is a photoshopped rendering of a photo of my oven.
          Last edited by mrchipster; 06-08-2015, 08:17 PM.
          Chip

Comment

Originally posted by mrchipster View Post
            Attend the international pizza expo in Las Vegas (sometime in March I think) I attended two years and found it very helpful. You need to pretend to have a pizza place or be in the planning stage but just get some cards made up and you will be accepted. No background check.

My cards say Wood Chip Pizza.

My title: Direttore del Legno (Director of Wood)

The graphic is a photoshopped rendering of a photo of my oven.
            Cool, I may give that a try, Vegas is pretty close to me and I'm always up for an excuse to go there.....

Comment

Hello David

The Oven is very versatile and forgiving so just experiment.

I have found it was a good idea to record my oven temperature over several days so I would have some idea when I could do Bread, roast or spare ribs.

I made a spread sheet to log my temperature.

David

Comment

Working...
              X