X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DrakeRemoray
    replied
    Re: Gluten Free Pizza Dough?

My Mom cannot have gluten either. I used a gluten free pizza mix found at a health food store and she enjoyed it, but it was wierd...

Let me know if this works out, I need to come up with something better for her.

Drake

Leave a comment:

• dalucca2003
    replied

Thanks for the quick reply.....does seem like a lot of work. A co-worker of mine informed me he believes Whole Foods makes a prepared gluten free dough. Anyone ever try it and see how well it comes out of the pizza oven?

Leave a comment:

• asudavew
    replied

Ingredients

1 Cup Tapioca Flour
    ? Cup Teff Flour
    ? Cup Glutinous Rice Flour
    1 Cup White Rice Flour
    1 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
    1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
    ? Teaspoon Yeast (for flavor)
    ? Teaspoon Salt
    ? Cup Olive Oil
    ? Cup Plain Yogurt
    ? Cup Milk
    ? Cup Water
    1 Egg, Slightly Beaten (for egg wash)

Directions
    In large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients (from Tapioca Flour to Salt), set aside for later use.

In mixing bowl, mix together the olive oil, yogurt, milk and water. Add the dry ingredients and mix.

Spray jelly roll pan (15" x 10.5" x 1") with cooking spray. Place dough in pan and gently press until a thin coating of dough covers entire pan (helps to spray hands with cooking spray). Apply a thin coating of the beaten egg (will not use entire egg) to top of dough and cook in preheated 400? oven for 23 minutes. Remove from oven and add pizza sauce and favorite cheese/toppings. Place back in 400? oven for 15 minutes.

Found this on the web... Seems complicated but, it also seems standard for gluten free dough.

You might try it out the day before to see what kind of results you get.

Leave a comment:

• dalucca2003
    started a topic Gluten Free Pizza Dough?

Gluten Free Pizza Dough?

Does a gluten free pizza dough recipe exist? I am having a few friends over this weekend for pizza, but one of my friends girlfriend cannot have anything made with gluten. I know it is a silly question, but is there a way to make here a pizza? I know you need gluten for the raising of the dough, but any suggestions would be appreciated.
Working...
X