X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chuckster
    replied
    Re: Le Creuset pot with a brass knob on

I'm sure they're not as pretty as antique knobs, but I use EYE NUTS on my pot lids. That way I can pull the pot out of the oven and lift off the lid with my poker (with a bent end) to check on the cooking. Otherwise I have to head off to the garage to find the welding gloves - my wife has refused permission to use her hot mitts from the kitchen for the WFO

I got them from McMaster Carr Inc, P/N 3112T31, ~$4 USD, and put them on with a steel 1/4-20 bolt.

Chuck

Leave a comment:

• Frances
    replied

Cool!

I was wondering whether or not to post this, and then when I got really bored this afternoon... I'm glad I did now

Antique knobs... nice. Now where can I get some of those?

Leave a comment:

• CanuckJim
    replied

Frances,

Good call. I have several of these pots with the crummy knobs. Doh, I've been unscrewing the knobs when I use them in the WFO. Light bulb . Got a box full of antique knobs in the shop--well, somewhere in there. Thanks.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Frances
    started a topic Le Creuset pot with a brass knob on

Le Creuset pot with a brass knob on

I thought I read something about this before, but can I find it now??

My brother gave me a beautiful Le Creuset iron pot for Christmas, one of those with a plastic knob on the lid which is good up to ... oh about 190 C it said. What a silly idea for such an otherwise wonderful cooking pot!

So I dunno if this is a really obvious thing that everyone's already thought of, or if it'll end up not working out (ok so far ...)

But now it has a nice brass furniture knob on it. Should give me a few more degrees to cook with. Looks a lot better, too
Working...
X