Le Creuset pot with a brass knob on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Le Creuset pot with a brass knob on

How hot is the oven and how sticky/hydrated is the dough? This almost sounds more like pizza than bread. Maybe that's why my naan always come out too bready.
    James
    Last edited by james; 02-20-2008, 01:08 PM.
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I just cooked them on the hearth. I guess the temperature was about 450-500 Deg C - with a small pile of embers in the back. That's the first I ever made Naan. I rolled them out on the back of a 14" pizza tray - is that the best or should I just form them by hand?

BTW: I brushed them with a bit of melted butter on the way from the hearth to the pile.
      Chuck

Comment

James,

Here's a link to the Naan formula I've used for a long time:
        King Arthur Flour: Recipes.

Traditionally, they're rolled out into a teardrop shape.

When I make them, I use a pretty hot hearth, in the 600 F range, although you could go higher if you're feeling nimble.

Jim
        "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Naan has to be one of my favorite flat breads. Makes me hungry just thinking about baking it, especially dipped in curry sauce. Another is the Mexican bread used to make Carne Asada Tortas. I believe the bread is laden with lard, but it is to die for with all that yummy meat and spices on it. Always my first choice if I can find it on a menu! I have no idea how to make it. Anyone know???
          G.
          GJBingham
          -----------------------------------
          Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Working...
          X