Italian Ceramics from Deruta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italian Ceramics from Deruta

Here is something new and fun from the FB Store. We have started importing Deruta Ceramics directly from the producer. We really enjoy this pattern, and have been using it for years. They are beautiful, but not so expensive that you put them on the shelf and never touch them. We use the serving pieces for vegetables, meats, pizza, etc. every day.

The pattern is called Raffaellesco, after the famous renaissance painter, who painted dragons in the borders of his paintings. Very nice.

We have limited our range to three bowls and one large serving platter, so we can always have inventory and keep our prices down. We have tried very hard to price these at a level where people will really use them. The producer is, of course, interested in developing sales in the U.S. -- so let's see where this goes.

You can order the ceramics here:
    Hand Painted Ceramics from Deruta :: Forno Bravo Store

For more information on Deruta, take a look here:
    Deruta Ceramics | Italian Ceramics

Let me now what you think!
    James
    Last edited by james; 04-10-2009, 04:41 PM.
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Italian Ceramics from Deruta

Nice James! I spent a lifetime or two in ceramic shops in Italy. I'd kill to have access to them now!
    GJBingham
    -----------------------------------
    Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Me too George, love the variety of ceramics available. I collect the old hand painted plates and we have a whole collection of hand-painted serving dishes.

did I mention that I love big jugs ?

Nice FB addition James....
      sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

Originally posted by gjbingham View Post
        I spent a lifetime or two in ceramic shops in Italy. I'd kill to have access to them now!
        George, I can relate to that.

Jim, we have a house full of Valenciano ceramics. Great colors, bold patterns. And, in the days of Peseta, before the dollar crash, they used to be really inexpensive. We used to shop at the ceramics stores on the road between Javea and Denia (is that the A332?). We would stuff them into our luggage for the return trip, and only broke a few. :-)

James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Yup, you're talking about Gata.....i've walked those stores many times!
          sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

Working...
          X