Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tips on cooking large number of pizzas for party? pre-make pizzas prior to cooking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• david s
    replied
    The usual method is to pre par cook the bases for around 30 secs, just long enough so they can be handled. Then refrigerate or freeze them.

Leave a comment:

• jmadison
    replied
    I love this rack!,, I think a trip to the dollar store would yield straight sided cookie sheets that would serve to 'hold' the pizzas.

Leave a comment:

• n8huntsman
    replied
    I tried parchment a while back and it burned almost instantly. The box says 420°F. Are there different grades that will survive the heat? I'm going to buy some rice flour and try that on a pan to see if it will slide off after 30 minutes or so of sitting.

Leave a comment:

• Toomulla
    replied
    if they are to sit on a pizza pan for a while using a wheat flour will cause them to stick you will do better with a low gluten flour like rice flour or rye if you like that flavour. you could also use baking parchment ( silicone treated paper)

Leave a comment:

• Tips on cooking large number of pizzas for party? pre-make pizzas prior to cooking?

The easiest way I've found so far is to by a rack like this: http://www.webstaurantstore.com/15-s...4190PTR15.html and toss, sauce, cheese, and top about 10 pizzas at a time. I started making them on aluminium screens and placing them on the rack. Once all 10 are ready to cook, I carry them to the oven and start cooking one after the other. I remove the pizza from the screen as soon as it it firm enough to do so. I then take a break, drink a beer, then go back inside, make up another batch of 10 and do it all over. This works well buy I loose a little bit of the crisp.I'd like to attempt an alternative if anyone has a suggestion. One that comes to mind that I havent attempted is to make the pizzas on serving pans with a little rice flour in between the pizza and the pan. Then maybe I can slide it off into the oven? I have been using bread flour but just bought some Caputo 00. Not sure if this will affect the "slide-ability"?
Working...
X