web analytics
Our First Ciabatta - Success! - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse

Community Cookbook Recipe Contest

Do you have a wood fired recipe that gets rave reviews from family and friends? Now is your opportunity to not only share it with other wood fired chefs and enthusiasts, but get rewarded, too! Starting June 1 through July 30, 2016 we are holding a Summer Wood Fired Recipe Contest and the winner will receive a $75.00 shopping spree in the Forno Bravo Store.

Submit your recipes through the Forno Bravo Community Cookbook “Submit a Recipe” button. The winner will be based on the number of votes the recipe receives. A link to the recipes will be posted on the Forno Bravo Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest pages and the Forum. To be eligible to win, your recipe must include a photo of the dish being cooked in your wood fired oven.
See more
See less

Our First Ciabatta - Success!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our First Ciabatta - Success!

After a Pizza party on Saturday evening I thought I'd try my hand at some bread. A neighbor made sourdough which turned out great and I tried ciabatta which also was a hit. A friend sent me a link to a simple video and recipe. It was easy and delicious. The recipe calls for 500 degrees but my oven temp had dropped to about 400 when I put it in. It still came out wonderful.

The only downside was a little forearm burn in the process. It'll heal.

Having trouble uploading photos. More in the next post.
    My oven, start to... getting close.

Re: Our First Ciabatta - Success!

Here are a few more photos.

The instructions were in a YouTube video.
    That's alotta Ciabatta! Start to Finish. - YouTube

Comment

And here is a link to the recipe that we used (same as in the video). I may have even used more water but we are in the desert and humidity here is super low. Chips get crispier when left open!

Jason's Quick Coccodrillo Ciabatta Bread | The Fresh Loaf

Comment

Originally posted by wateronlydries View Post
        Here are a few more photos.

The instructions were in a YouTube video.
        That's alotta Ciabatta! Start to Finish. - YouTube
        Thanks for that it looks easy
        I will give it a go according to the recipe then sourdough it later on

Comment

It really was easy and delicious too! It's great to have a video so you can see what it should be like. We've made this several times and it works every time.

Comment

I made 2 yesterday they where easy.
            Great youtube
            I left mine to retard over night in the fridge and baked them today.
            The results where very good
            The only difficulty was I put mine on baking paper which is good for moving them from bench to oven but it gives you a white bottom
            So took the paper off and rested them on the pizza stone.
            Flavour is excellent mine are a little wide not as long as they stuck to the paper and it got wet
            Next time I will get some dough scrapers more flour and put them on the bench
            But excellent stuff tastes fantastic.

Comment

Working...
            X