Llopis oven - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

No announcement yet.

Llopis oven

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Llopis oven

Faith and Jay I don't know if you've seen these before but this is new to me. It's a wood burning white oven although it can run with other fuels, nicely insulated, revolving deck, and steam.. It's a European oven. Very interesting. I know Faith is thinking about a new oven..

I'm a bit uncomfortable including a link in respect to James but it searches easily.

Another baking link..

The wood fire heats the steam tubes that then heat the oven.

Last edited by SCChris; 05-16-2013, 09:27 AM.

Re: Llopis oven

White ovens are an interesting critter. I long ago considered building one. The Llopi is sort of interesting but the size is ginormous - 40,000 pounds, 20 tons! For the SMALL one!

I like the Millers bake house philosophy on fair trade and food miles, its a great pity more ppl dont follow it.
      The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

20 ton is a bit of weight and I'm sure each ton is not cheap. I'll bet the oven bakes like a dream.. On a related note, a baker in San Francisco spent some time working weekends at the Bakehouse and created a caf?/coffee house style bakery called The Mill. Josey Baker's concept, yep that's his name, is to mill and bake on site. The oven is a steam tube white oven. I hope to visit NorCal this summer.

The Mill ? joseybakerbread

You gotta love the flour mill, getreidem?hle, in German..
        Is a mill on site, Bread Boutique / Caf? viable? I hope so.

Oh no.. Now I found out about Falling numbers and damaged starch..
        The more you learn the more you know that you don't know.
        If I stop learning now, I'll only be ignorant.

Last edited by SCChris; 05-17-2013, 10:48 AM.

I am in early planning phase for my second oven. Will be associated with a move to Austin. Will be conventional - probably a Premio to speed constuction (not enough patience or desire to build from scratch...) A Llopis would be nice but I think it might occupy my backyard. I think you are right though - that it bakes like a dream!

Don't worry too much about Falling factors. People made bread for many thousand years before they included the Falling factor. But...now that you mention it, it does deserve consideration!

Bake on!