Proofing baskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Proofing baskets

With the right amount of flour I doubt that they will give any trouble in releasing the loaves. The manufacturer says a light coat of oil helps. We dusted with flour and only a couple of loaves were reluctant to release but occasionally that was the case with the natural willow. As with anything new it is a bit of learning....this week I think we will give them a little oil and then some flour and see how that goes...
    Once again...it was my pleasure...
    Best
    Dutch
    Oh Christo...I would suggest calling them...the girl I spoke to made it sound like they were motivated to get rid of these baskets...why I don't really know as they would be a bargain at twice they're current price!
    "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
    "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

We use them from time to time. We have long and round ones in green and orange. We give them a light spray of oil and water then dust with potato flour before putting in the dough. It releases very easily. Just be careful not to de-gas the loaves by handling the dough too roughly. We found out how to use them on the manufacturer's website.

Comment

Anyone want to share an order with me? I just ordered 25 of them to reach the minimum order amount, though I only need about 10. I'll ship about half of them to anyone interested. I just couldn't pass up the deal!

Daren
        Picasa web album
        Oven-building thread

Comment

I don't know about half an order (one half of 25 being 12?) But I would be up for half of that ...6. they should nest together and fit into a Flat Rate Box. Let me know.

And thanks for offering to the Forum!
          Wiley

Comment

I'll let you know when they arrive, Wiley! Yes, I should have mentioned that I'd be willing to ship a smaller amount than 12.
            Picasa web album
            Oven-building thread

Comment

Daren, probably too late, but I called and the person I spoke with said I could order with a minimum of 10. This is still more than I need. I haven't gotten any confirmation. Maybe I'll try calling to see if I can still cancel the order.
              Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
              My oven build thread

Comment

I should've called, then, Mike! Oh well, I'm sure someone will take them off my hands.
                Picasa web album
                Oven-building thread

Comment

Great idea Daren! These things are easy to work with and easy to clean. We've used them on two weekend bakes now and can highly recommend them!
                  All the best!
                  Dutch
                  "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
                  "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Thanks for sharing the link, Dutch!!

For anyone interested, the shipping on 25 baskets from NY to WI came to about $10, bringing the total to $2.40 per basket, or about 80% less than the cost of new ones!
                    Picasa web album
                    Oven-building thread

Comment

I'll take 8 of them! I just sent you a private message.

Drake
                      My Oven Thread:
                      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Drake, I replied and should be able to get you some. I think they're all accounted for now, thanks everyone!
                        Picasa web album
                        Oven-building thread

Comment

I called, and they still have the baskets in stock. Plus, they let me order only 5, so it will be $10 plus shipping. She didn't have the shipping cost right then, but I will report back when I find out how much it is.
                          Toby

Comment

Working...
                          X