• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gulf
    replied
    Re: Neighborhood rib cookoff

Great! looking ribs,Tom.

Originally posted by nissanneill View Post
    I must admit that I was pretty disappointed with the quality of the available ribs during my Route 66 adventure across the US earlier this year. I never saw let alone tasted anything like your showing here!

Neill
    Neill,
    If they had of built that road through the deep south, you would have .

Leave a comment:

• nissanneill
    replied
    Re: Neighborhood rib cookoff

I must admit that I was pretty disappointed with the quality of the available ribs during my Route 66 adventure across the US earlier this year. I never saw let alone tasted anything like your showing here!

Neill

Leave a comment:

• Tscarborough
    started a topic Neighborhood rib cookoff

Neighborhood rib cookoff

The only restriction is they have to be baby back pork ribs. I made two racks, one dry rub, the other in brine. The oven was fired, and after 2 hours, I pulled coals from the oven, put them into the grill, browned both racks and then put them into the 2-250 degree oven for 7 hours.

The dry rub has:

Celery powder, jalapeno powder, cayenne, rubbed sage, garlic powder, allepo powder, coffee powder, salt, white pepper, black pepper, horseradish powder, ginger powder, paprika, and a couple others I can't remember.

The brine is a salt/sugar cold brine with some smoke flavoring thrown in.
    Here is the process:

Ribs after brining/spice rub, both have been brushed with a honey/secret ingredient glaze.
    Ribs on the coals from the oven.
    Both browned and ready for the oven.
    The oven is a little hot, so they are resting in the entry until it drops another 100 degrees.
    Ribs after 7 hours at 200 degrees.
Working...
X