Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pork shoulder. I need a temp and time chart for my oven.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DavidApp
    replied
    How did it turn out?

The long and slow works well. I cover the roast to prevent over cooking. The juice from the pork shoulder went into some soup.

David

Leave a comment:

• fremen325
    replied
    I am going to do a pork shoulder roast this weekend (meat was on sale at USD$1.49/pound). I will try the high heat method, rest then slow cook method.

Leave a comment:

• oblertone
    replied
    I just covered it with foil while I baked some bread, that brought the oven temp down nicely.

Leave a comment:

• DavidApp
    replied
    That looks real good.

What do you do with the meat while the oven cools? Store it in the fridge.

David

Leave a comment:

• oblertone
    replied
    Re: Pork shoulder. I need a temp and time chart for my oven.

A top tip gleaned from a celeb chef in the UK; a 30 min high heat sizzle works wonders for pork, and high I mean around 240c and uncovered, then take it out and bake your bread. Once the oven has dropped to about 150c then cover with foil and put it back in for as long as possible (4-5hrs).

The pic is a piece of belly pork that got this treatment, the rub was just salt/pepper and sage

Leave a comment:

• Pork shoulder. I need a temp and time chart for my oven.

Hello All

I decided to try cooking a pork shoulder in my oven. I put the pork shoulder in the oven at 340 degrees and 8 hours later it was done. The oven was down to about 290 degrees. The internal meat temperature was 196 degrees and it looked done. The smell as I opened the oven was great.
    It may have been a bit better if the oven had been cooler when I put the shoulder in.
    I need to start recording the oven temperature and time so that I can better gauge my cooking schedule.

I had started with Pita bread on Friday night then later put some sour dough bread in the oven. Saturday morning the oven was still over 380 degrees so I went out and got a pork shoulder. Applied some dry rub and put it in the oven.

David
Working...
X