Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oak Smoked Pulled Pork

Originally posted by mrchipster View Post
    SuperBowl's are way to far apart to wait for these, I am thinking more like month end specials or something like that.
    Could not wait for the Super Bowl, made another batch tonight.
    Chip

Comment

I loved pulled pork.......when you put the oak in, did you soak it for a bit so that it would smoulder(smoke) or just put them in dry?. They sure looked yummy. my oven gets shipped today(yippy) sure can't wait to give this a try......cheers

Comment

Originally posted by austinmc View Post
        I loved pulled pork.......when you put the oak in, did you soak it for a bit so that it would smoulder(smoke) or just put them in dry?. They sure looked yummy. my oven gets shipped today(yippy) sure can't wait to give this a try......cheers
        I used straight oak, no soaking. Just use one piece at a time and it will produce plenty of smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by austinmc View Post
          Actually, oak charcoal left over from previous fires then about 3 or so 1 inch diameter by 10 inch long semi dry apple sticks placed on the oak embers. Once the apple gets fully dry I will probably soak them a little but for now closing the door is enough to keep them from flaming up. I pull my door about every 30 minutes or so to check on the smoke. This may be adding the needed oxygen to keep the coals going but when I have pizza night I close the door and the next day I still have live coals so I think just enough air gets in to keep the embers going. Smoke is very dense in the oven and the walls of the dome get black from the smoke

BTW always put any ash you remove from the oven in an air tight metal bin as I believe they can stay hot for days inside the oven. Be Safe...
          Chip

Comment

hey thanks for the feed back......can not wait to give this a try(as my family also) lol, figure this will also work well with a brisket(low and slow). Apple and oak is a little scarce to find in my parts(Alberta,Canada) but sure a can find a twig or two..cheers

Comment

Working...
            X