Jerk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jerk

Personally I think Ground Hog are extremely smart. I have one that has been most difficult. He made his hole just outside my garden.

While in the house I will look out the window from across the room. This guy is looking for me and if he sees me looking out the window he hit's the hole. I swear he has realized that if my work truck is out of the drive he is safe to wander. I know he has learned the sound of my truck slowing for the driveway. By the time I make the turn all I see is his ass going down the hole...

Next weekend I'll see how smart they are when I fire up the backhoe and see who can dig faster :-)

Thanks Mikku, yes we got off to a rocky start but all is good now. I don't know about being exceptional but I do the best I can with the tools and skills I have been given.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo View Post
      I've often head that young groundhog were good to eat, but I never tried it. Crafty they are, and much smarter than one would give them credit. They are my hated enemy on my property, and I kill every one of them I can.

To you, I will apologize for my exchange with mikku. There are some people on this site that I can't seem to figure out. I will keep myself from responding to him again.
      As a person with Germanic ancestory, I really doubt you would be looking to eat a groundhog! Maybe sausages--but groundhog---really? So that is why your post is being a wise ass and continues to be. And thank you for not responding again!

Comment

Originally posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
        Personally I think Ground Hog are extremely smart. I have one that has been most difficult. He made his hole just outside my garden.

While in the house I will look out the window from across the room. This guy is looking for me and if he sees me looking out the window he hit's the hole. I swear he has realized that if my work truck is out of the drive he is safe to wander. I know he has learned the sound of my truck slowing for the driveway. By the time I make the turn all I see is his ass going down the hole...

Next weekend I'll see how smart they are when I fire up the backhoe and see who can dig faster :-)
        The first year we owned this property I killed 40+ groundhogs. The next year the number was in the 30's, and has gone down every year.

When I started I was able to get close enough to kill them with a 20 gauge shotgun. Now I've got to sneak down to field and pick them off from 80 to 100yards with a .22 rifle.

It is key to fill in their holes after you kill them, if not a new tenant will move in. The backhoe idea is a good one, I'll bet Bill Murray wishes he had that idea

Comment

Working...
        X