Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sergetania
    replied
    Thanks! Scroll up for the dough recipe in this thread.

I cook pizza and we eat it. Then I cook another one. We eat it again. Keep making them until we can eat. Obviously, this is not a good strategy for a big party. You can probably cut pizza into 10-12 slices. I have never had more people for a pizza party. Pizzas are the best eaten right away.

Leave a comment:

• cowolter
    replied
    Looks great!
    What dough did you use?

I really like the height/ texture of the crust.
    I've done a few pizza dinners with a few people, but I'm curious how you pump out pizzas efficiently and keep the cooked ones warm? Or what is your strategy for a dinner party like this?

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied
    Originally posted by DavidApp View Post
    They are some great looking Pizzas.

What dough recipe are you using?

I have been having good success with a recipe that I got from a You tube channel "Cooking with Glen and Friends.

Mix dry ingredients then add water and oil.
    Rest for 30 minutes
    Mix for 7 to 10 minutes.
    Form a ball and place in a container in the fridge foe 24 to 72 hours.. During that time I will divide the dough ball into 2 or 3 pieces and roll into balls . Place in a container in the fridge to rise.
    1 1/2 before cooking remove from the fridge.

David
    For WFO which run at higher temperatures it is generally considered better not to add either oil or sugar as they're both browning (burning) agents. However I've had excellent pizzas from a friend who always uses some OO in his dough. Go with what you find works. I add 7% of semolina flour to the dough which imparts a bit more crunch in the crust.

Leave a comment:

• sergetania
    replied
    David

Good luck! The advantage of the recipe I use is that's very convenient for a longer party because the balls can be used to make pizzas within a fairly long period of time. I don't have to use them up with an hour or two.

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• DavidApp
    replied
    Thank you.

It always amazes me how the same basic ingredients can turn out so different with a small change in technique or timing.

I have tried several different recipes and the one I posted above gives me a nice dough that is easy to work and tastes good.

Will have to give your one a try.

David

Leave a comment:

• Petter
    replied
    Really nice, well done!

Leave a comment:

• sergetania
    replied
    Thank you! I use a dough recipe assembled from different sources that seems to work well for me after quite a few experiments. There are a lot of good recipes in Ken Forkish pizza book. The kneading/mixing technics are similar to those explained on YouTube by Enzo Coccia. Lots of pizzas suggested by the Wood Fired Oven chef on YouTube turn out great.

Here's what I do for the dough (adjusted to baking at 800-900F):

1 kg Blue Caputo 00 flour (sifted)
    610 ml slightly warm water
    26 gr salt
    1/4 teaspoon dry yeast

Add yeast to the water, mix around for a while until they sort of dissolve. Add 20-30% of flour, mix. Add salt, mix. Add the rest of the flour, mix, get out on the table and knead rather gently for 15-18 minutes. The dough will be very elastic and smooth at the end. Bulk rise for a couple of hours, then divide into ~270 gr balls. Put them in an oiled dough container, spray oil on top. Proof at least for 5-6 hours (at around 70F). When you see noticeable increase in the size of the balls, put in a fridge. It will stay in a fridge till next day or even up to 3 days. Pull out from the fridge a couple of hours before baking. After that the dough balls could be used in the next 4-6 hours, depending on the room temperature.

Same recipe can be used to bake in the home oven at 550F except the hydration should be raised to 65% and the Blue Caputo replaced with Red Caputo flour.

This is what works for me. There are lots of recipes that work for others. Bakers who bake a lot tailor their recipes to suit them, suit their schedule. Important not to be afraid to experiment, try different flours, kneading and proofing, ratios, etc.
    Last edited by sergetania; 05-08-2021, 08:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JRPizza
    replied
    Fine looking pies!

Leave a comment:

• DavidApp
    replied
    They are some great looking Pizzas.

What dough recipe are you using?

I have been having good success with a recipe that I got from a You tube channel "Cooking with Glen and Friends.

500 Grams flour (Bread flour or Pizza flour)
    2 tea spoons salt 15 grams +
    1 1/4 tea spoons yeast
    300 grams water.
    (I add about 20 grams of olive oil and subtract 20 grams of water)

Mix dry ingredients then add water and oil.
    Rest for 30 minutes
    Mix for 7 to 10 minutes.
    Form a ball and place in a container in the fridge foe 24 to 72 hours.. During that time I will divide the dough ball into 2 or 3 pieces and roll into balls . Place in a container in the fridge to rise.
    1 1/2 before cooking remove from the fridge.

David

Leave a comment:

• sergetania
    started a topic A pizza graduation party

A pizza graduation party

Baked a few pizzas for my daughter's graduation party

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210506_175733_HDR.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	773.3 KB
ID:	437799
    Click image for larger version