Chicken Tikka Masala

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chicken Tikka Masala

The little cushion is called a bread pad.

Bread Pad for making Naan
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

I think if you used a strainer or a coffee filter on the regular yogurt we can get here to get rid of some of the moisture you'd be ok. We are just now getting to the point locally where the stores carry Greek style yogurt. Sometimes. Now if I could just talk them into carrying Italian parsley instead of the curly stuff....
      Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

Can you get the yoghurt making kits in the US? We have them in the supermarket here and make our own yoghurt. If we want the yoghurt stronger we just leave it fermenting for a day longer.

I tried sticking a spare piece of pizza dough to the inside of the oven tonight but no joy. My pad might not have been wide enough to properly press it though so I will try again.
        My oven: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/21/t...html#post46599
        My blog: Live For Pizza

Comment

I tried sticking a spare piece of pizza dough to the inside of the oven tonight but no joy.
          The Indians spray or brush a little water on the working side of the dough, sticks like a charm. Remember, in a tandoor it falls in the fire if it doesn't stick. You can also just cook it on the oven floor. No bread pad needed.
          My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

On a related topic, there's a good looking Tandoori chicken recipe in the latest issue of Cooks Illustrated.
            Nikki

Comment

Originally posted by Tim F View Post
              Can you get the yoghurt making kits in the US? We have them in the supermarket here and make our own yoghurt. If we want the yoghurt stronger we just leave it fermenting for a day longer.

I tried sticking a spare piece of pizza dough to the inside of the oven tonight but no joy. My pad might not have been wide enough to properly press it though so I will try again.
              Keep trying. :-)

We have a yoghurt maker -- they're a lot of fun, though I want to get into making soft cheeses as well.
              James
              Pizza Ovens
              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
              X