Valencia Oranges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Valencia Oranges

Yes, even olive oil can go rancid. Most olive oils can go 3 to 4 years before the taste is affected. The nice part about olive oil is that the "racididy" only affects the flavor. It is not harmful to eat even if it is rancid. Some people prefer the flavor of a rancid olive oil.
    The key for the freshest flavor is to control the oxidation of the oil. Just like iron rusts ( converts iron to iron oxide when exposed to oxygen), olive oil oxidizes. The extend the life of your oil do the following.

1. Keep your oil sealed. This prevents fresh oxygen from contacting your oil and keeps the rate of oxidation a minimum.
    2. Keep your oil in a dark container or dark place. Light increases the rate of oxidation.
    3. Keep your oil cool. Preferably less that 80 degrees F ( 27 degrees C) Heat also increases the rate of oxidation.

Bruce
    Sharpei Diem.....Seize the wrinkle dog

Comment

Originally posted by Frances View Post
      Oh yes, I do! Yes please! If I may

Postal service? I think I'd just take the regular, oil should last a while, right?

When I was in Texas someone sent me a bottle of whisky for a lark - because I was under 21 at the time (drinking age in Switzerland is 16...) and they thought it would be funny that I'd have to work out how to dispose of it - and it arrived safely in a glass bottle. So I'm sure a plastic bottle could be sent from Spain to Switzerland by regular post.
      Frances, did that oil delivery arrive without leaking?
      Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

Comment

Hey Jim,

I sent you a PM to say it arrived safely weeks ago - its nearly all gone by now. Lovely stuff! It was very safely packed, no problem there... hang on, maybe I wrote to XabiaJim by accident. An easy mistake for the terminally confused among us to make

Did you get any mysterious Swiss packages in the meantime by any chance...?
        "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Originally posted by Frances View Post
          Hey Jim,

I sent you a PM to say it arrived safely weeks ago - its nearly all gone by now. Lovely stuff! It was very safely packed, no problem there... hang on, maybe I wrote to XabiaJim by accident. An easy mistake for the terminally confused among us to make

Did you get any mysterious Swiss packages in the meantime by any chance...?
          I brought some oil back too in the same containers....absolutely no leakage with the wax seal so I was pretty happy after three flights and all the baggage handling.....

No Swiss packages yet, but I'm expecting....
          Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

Comment

Working...
          X