web analytics
Ceramic Fiber Blanket for Utah Builders - Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ceramic Fiber Blanket for Utah Builders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceramic Fiber Blanket for Utah Builders

In my day to day scrounging, I found a great deal on some Unitherm ceramic fiber blanket for dome insulation. This is the good stuff, 8 lb density, the rolls are 2" thick and 24" wide and 12.5' long. I am selling them at my cost of $60 each (I have six rolls) to Utah builders or anyone who is willing to pick them up in Salt Lake City, no I will not ship them due to the hassle and cost. I do not need them, I just grabbed the rolls for the new WFO forum members. The home boss has not seen them in the garage yet so I need to move them fast. They are also going up on the local classified ads as well. By my calcs, 2 rolls for a 42" WFO oven. Attached are specs, current store pricing and packaging.
    Russell
    Build Link............... Picassa Photo Album Link

I am in the process of building a 42 Brick oven right now and am in need of some insulation.still available?

Comment

I'll PM you.
      Russell

Comment

I'm gathering supplies for a 42" so I would love to grab 2. Saw your ad on KSL so I will text you.

Comment

Nate, I will PM you.
          Russell

Comment

Lee,

I sent you a Private Message(PM) it is in your mailbox on the Forum.
            Russell

Comment

I was able to snag few more boxes ceramic fiber insulation at this price point, then their gone. I have sold off or builders have committed to 5 so I have 5 left. Any local Utah builders, PM me and we can hook up. I do not ship them because of the hassle and they weigh 40 lbs per box. See original post for pics and specs.
              Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 10-10-2018, 04:20 PM.
              Russell

Comment

Russell, I sent you a visitors message.
                Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

David brought up a great point about the MSDS on the ceramic fiber insulation. This product is cleared of carcinogenic problems as long as the steady and substained heat to any "exposed" blanket does not exceed 1800 F. At this temp our pizzas would cook in 5 secs....LOL. David, Gulf, Mike and a host of others bring great wisdom to this forum.
                  Russell

Comment

you have any of these left?
                    My Build Pictures
                    https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...18BD00F374765D

Comment

I am limiting the insulation to local Utah builders since I do not want to hassle with shipping. You should look for a local source in IL.
                      Russell

Comment

Thanks ....I am working with Distribution International already but I thought if you wanted to get rid of it and it was cost effective I'd rather give another member the cash...
                        My Build Pictures

Comment

I suspect by time you had it shipped you would come out ahead buying locally. DI (bought out EJ Bartells) is where I got my FoamGlas and CaSi board from for my build.
                          Russell

Comment

Your probably right. DI has a place about 35 minutes from Chicago so its very convienent
                            My Build Pictures

Comment

Working...
                            X