Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to charge a Makita battery that wont charge on the charger due.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to charge a Makita battery that wont charge on the charger due.

David- we all know that automotive technology is there, exotic car makers use the same technology and all manufacturers use robotics...granted.. it cuts down on labor costs over the long run, cut down on injuries by employees handling heavy pieces--all great, but it also comes with a price tag. Batteries are great, but it takes a lot of time and energy to produce a battery, it's lifetime is not forever, recycling of the rare earth metals is sometimes problematic, the Chinese have a virtual monopoly on these metals.
    The whole process is "not Green" if you look at all the energy used!

Back to stonecutters quote- about not working for contractors...absolutely true! As a teacher, you haul yourself to your place of business--do your thing and return home. As a contractor, you bring yourself as well as all the tools required to accomplish all the things you are expected to do. I haul thousands of pounds of tools with me on a daily basis--just because people expect you to do something once you show up! Make an electric vehicle that is affordable and economical to operate and haul yourself plus a ton of stuff every day and maybe you have something. I cannot stop after 30 km for a recharge--I'm on the clock!

Tesla was responsible for introducing AC electricity to modern America. Something that could be transmitted over high voltage lines vs DC that needed huge cables to transport much less. He held multiple patents but I think he worked with wireless transmission--don't know if he was able to patent any of those ideas.

Think of the concept- Electricity is transmitted through the air like radio waves. All you need is a receiver to tune in and meter your use. Apply it to anything electric...it is possible! Just need the technology to do it! Would really anger a lot of oil companies like Shell, Exon, etc---but they could still sell their products as lubricants, but I heard that whale oil is one of the best lubricants--maybe time for breeding whales and harvesting whale oil!

Comment

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
      460cu is 7.5...a beast. Thirsty too! No turbo in the gassers.

I have the 7.3 turbo diesel...the last one with forged rods. It's hard to say exactly what mileage I get, routes, travel conditions and fuel quality vary. Guesstimate would be 14-16 city and 18-20+ highway...based on some consistencies. Not bad for something with a GVWR of 11200. Lots of upgrades - '08 mirrors, 4" turbo back exhaust, gauges, 6 position chip, performance air intake, upgraded tranny and torque converter.

Since Dave likes electric....I should mention I have two gold top dura last batteries and a 200 amp alternator.
      The last USA Ford van that I owned was a 1993 E-350, one that I had right before deciding to venture to Japan to try building American style homes in 1994. I loved that truck and thought about bringing it with me---but I thought that the roads were too narrow to travel on. WRONG! The Japanese love USA vehicles--any era and pay top bucks for them. I sold my Explorer, E-350, International Harvestor 2T flatbed, Jaguar XKE, house, warehouse, offices, tools and all the rest to adventure into the unknown.

Always like big engines, but living over here I see how much can be accomplished with smaller frames with heavier suspension. That is why I comment about the bloated size of USA trucks. I am sure that yours is an office and home away from home with all the bells and whistles. My 9 year old truck doesn't squat when I put my tools in and starts each and every day--something that I could not say about the Chevy I bought in 2001, the last time I was in the USA! It requires scheduled maintenance like timing belt changes at 60,000 mile intervals--but the thing just keeps running like the Eveready Bunny...with no problems! That is what I am looking for in a truck!

Comment

Oh! I remember how the 460 sounded when I pushed the peddle to the floor. It went OOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! and shot past anything on the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Japanese bikes with big engines go: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. At least the Yamaha ones do when you pull full throttle and go through the gears. But I like the sound of the Harley's--- Cannot do it in English but you know what I'm talking about! Any Harley lover knows the sound--like a Jaguar with dual Strombergs and a lot of cubic inches! Muscle car sounds of power...........kick back to the 60's and 70's when gas was cheap!

Comment

Tropical Coasting--your right on!
          The Chinese have the market sewn up for rare earth metals, all the rest of the countries on earth have to worry about supply. The Chinese bought or cornered what they want because the low price of their currency--not only that but (a simplification).

It is not that the metals are so rare, but it is because they are filthy to mine and USA environmental regulations make it difficult to mine---as well as safety requirements by OSHA and the rest. The Chinese buy up the rights in developing economies and exploit the conditions.

This is my notice to the world---watch out for the Chinese! They are a very patient country, they plan way into the future, sacrifice for their future goals, then reap great rewards. They have a hidden agenda for all the areas surrounding China and their presence as a world power. WATCH OUT! WORLD!

Yep! goats will get you to and from where you want to go and they eat almost anything readily available. good source of energy--very bio-friendly!
          !

Comment

Originally posted by TropicalCoasting View Post
            The thing that will hold electric back is peak lithium will kick in alongside peak oil.
            I lost a fair bit investing in lithium. There are brine lakes in Sth America that have a virtual limitless supply of lithium. Unfortunately greedy and dishonest directors sent the company bust. If you want to see something interesting check out the fuel cells produced by the Australian company Ceramic Fuel Cells (CFU) listed on the ASX and FTSE. They have the world's most efficient electricity generator, turning natural gas into electricity, from your home, no need for distributed power. It makes your home a mini power station generating the power you require without the restrictions of wind or sun availability.
            Last edited by david s; 12-10-2013, 07:06 AM.
            Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Brickie, your the one who started this thread. Makita batteries that have a redundant chip that shut down and make the battery useless if you try to recharge under certain circumstances.

Is there a Makita dealer that you can contact if you have problems with your cordless tools? If so, what did they say? I am as impatient as you are---probably more so! I do not believe when someone says a one year old battery is dead and there is nothing you can do with it!

You want to revive it! The damned thing cannot be worn out........impossible!
              you did nothing unusual to make it break!!!!!!!!! So what can I do to make it work again?

When you attempt to recharge like you demonstrate, what happens? Does it take the charge and act normally? Or do you have to go through this special routine with washers and jumpers to get it to charge?

Like I said earlier, companies like Makita need customers to be satisfied with their product. They cannot rely on single item sales to be successful---they need you to keep returning and buying more products! If you make your voice heard, they must listen! Speak louder, and more often and your voice becomes a chorus!

Don't give up on the manufacturer! they have to satisfy their customers to survive!

Words of wisdom from the "troll"!

Comment

What if "the troll" and "Lawrence" came to Australia to venture the outback?
                What do you think? Probably never happen for either of us! But would be a real adventure for a couple of misfits!

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
                  I lost a fair bit investing in lithium. There are brine lakes in Sth America that have a virtual limitless supply of lithium. Unfortunately greedy and dishonest directors sent the company bust. If you want to see something interesting check out the fuel cells produced by the Australian company Ceramic Fuel Cells (CFU) listed on the ASX and FTSE. They have the world's most efficient electricity generator, turning natural gas into electricity, from your home, no need for distributed power. It makes your home a mini power station generating the power you require without the restrictions of wind or sun availability.
                  Ive seen those
                  the tech was sold to Germany.
                  They are excellent but how long is "cheap" natural gas going to last for if it starts being used to maintain a global car and truck fleet ??
                  Pritchard the Steam Car guy has a steam powered generator that uses what ever you have to run the furnace rice husks coconuts wood fish and chip oil anything.
                  Uniflow Power Ltd - Renewable Energy and Resource Efficiency
                  This sounds promising if the price is right.

Comment

So let me get this right. Now instead of utilizing the free energy sources, like wind, solar, geothermal, tidal, hydro-- you advocate running natural gas lines everywhere? Isn't that one of the fossil fuels that we are trying to break our dependence on? Doesn't natural gas release carbons into the atmosphere that cause global warming?

You have to start thinking of the energy potential the sun really has. It daily heats this entire planet and is responsible for all the various weather patterns around the world. Think about harnessing all that energy.

Comment

This method of power generation relies on utilizing existing gas pipeline infrastructure. It is not emission free, but it doesn't burn the fuel and therefore produces half the emissions of a gas fired power station which in turn, produce half the emissions of a coal fired station. Because there are no long distance transmission losses and the costs incurred in their construction, the efficiency is further enhanced. If you read my post and you obviously have because you quoted it, I was not advocating fuel cell technology over renewables. In our transition to renewables we need efficient technologies. Gas as a cleaner alternative to coal and oil is going to play a big part.
                      Last edited by david s; 12-10-2013, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Ive seen those
                        the tech was sold to Germany.
                        They are excellent but how long is "cheap" natural gas going to last for if it starts being used to maintain a global car and truck fleet ??
                        Pritchard the Steam Car guy has a steam powered generator that uses what ever you have to run the furnace rice husks coconuts wood fish and chip oil anything.
                        Uniflow Power Ltd - Renewable Energy and Resource Efficiency
                        This sounds promising if the price is right.
                        The technology wasn't sold to Germany, the Australian company owns the technology. The company, not given assistance in Australia, went to Germany where they were given assistance by a more enlightened government and they set up a manufacturing facility there. Fuel cells don't burn the fuel, but use a chemical process to convert the energy from chemical to electrical with extremely low emissions and very high efficiency.

Many large truck fleets have already switched to gas.

Comment

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
                          Guesstimate would be 14-16 city and 18-20+ highway...based on some consistencies..
                          I did the conversion for the fuel economy and you get just under 6kms per litre, or use 17 litres per 100 kls.(or theres about)

I get just under 7kms per liter in the 5.4l petrol, or use 15 litres per 100 kls.

Petrol here at the moment is A$1.45 per litre, or A$6.52, I think diesel is the same price.

If the maths is wrong Im sure Ill get told.......
                          The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

The technology wasn't sold to Germany, the Australian company owns the technology. The company, not given assistance in Australia, went to Germany where they were given assistance by a more enlightened government and they set up a manufacturing facility there. Fuel cells don't burn the fuel, but use a chemical process to convert the energy from chemical to electrical with extremely low emissions and very high efficiency.

Many large truck fleets have already switched to gas.
                            Are you talking about Blue Gen ?
                            BlueGen Technology

Comment

Are you talking about Blue Gen ?
                              BlueGen Technology
                              yes, that's it.
                              Also go to
                              https://www.bluegen.net

Comment

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
                                I did the conversion for the fuel economy and you get just under 6kms per litre, or use 17 litres per 100 kls.(or theres about)

I get just under 7kms per liter in the 5.4l petrol, or use 15 litres per 100 kls.

Petrol here at the moment is A$1.45 per litre, or A$6.52, I think diesel is the same price.

If the maths is wrong Im sure Ill get told.......
                                My electric bike costs around $0.10 per 100 km, or two cents for my 20km round trip to work and home again. Powered by coal of course, until I get solar panels for the roof.

Comment

Working...
                                X