Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to charge a Makita battery that wont charge on the charger due.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to charge a Makita battery that wont charge on the charger due.

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
    I did the conversion for the fuel economy and you get just under 6kms per litre, or use 17 litres per 100 kls.(or theres about)

I get just under 7kms per liter in the 5.4l petrol, or use 15 litres per 100 kls.

Petrol here at the moment is A$1.45 per litre, or A$6.52, I think diesel is the same price.

If the maths is wrong Im sure Ill get told.......
    Sounds like your diesel costs about the same as here. However, gasoline is quite a bit cheaper in Auz. If your truck is 4WD you are getting very good mileage.

Stonecutter: what does your diesel fuel cost per gallon now?

Comment

Here in SC I'm paying $3.65 gl
      Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
      John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
        Here in SC I'm paying $3.65 gl
        Wow, that's just under a dollar a litre! We'd call that cheap. Is it common practice in the US to have vehicles converted to run on petrol or gas? It certainly is here in Australia.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
          Is it common practice in the US to have vehicles converted to run on petrol or gas?
          What do you mean, coverted? From what?
          Old World Stone & Garden

John Ruskin

Comment

yes, that's it.
            Also go to
            https://www.bluegen.net
            Hello David s-
            Looked at the homepage, everything is very interesting but for a couple of things that were left out or touched upon just lightly:

What does the equipment cost?

What does the electricity cost to produce; equipment cost + natural gas cost + maintenance cost divided over the relative short lifetime of the equipment (they say lifespan typical to a water heater)?

There is no incentive by the governments to install this type of equipment.

There is no mandate requiring electric utility companies to purchase back excess electricity or any fixed rate.

What amount of efficiency is lost in the inverter phase DC to AC conversion.

Japan has incentive programs to help pay the original installation cost of solar; and a mandate requiring electric utilities to purchase back excess electricity.

One big thing they do not have is a mandate requiring electrical utilities to provide transmission feed ins for remote areas where solar could be installed on unproductive lands or where large wind farms could produce consistent amounts of electricity.

When you continue to try to produce electricity from fossil fuels even with advanced technologies, you delay the research into clean non-fossil fuel technologies.

Maybe the biggest problem in developing clean fuel technology is the power of the large oil companies, oil producing counties, and central governments.

The oil companies do not want to lose their golden egg.

Same goes for OPEC -- take away world dependence on their oil and what do they have? In many cases desert waste land.

As for central governments--how do you put a tax on sunshine to pay for highway infrastructure improvements. But if there were a new technology, I'm sure they would find a way.

Comment

Wow, that's just under a dollar a litre! We'd call that cheap.
              It's all perspective. To me, it's expensive....especially since everything requires a lot of driving unless you are in a city or very large town.

When I lived in CT, it ran .40-.75 more, so $3.65 was cheap when I lived up there. Considering the amount of oil that comes from US soil, I would rather go back to pre-2005 when diesel was less than $2 gallon.
              Old World Stone & Garden

John Ruskin

Comment

What do you mean, coverted? From what?
                In Australia I think the only new vehicle available that runs on both gas and petrol is the large Ford sedan. All other gas powered vehicles require aftermarket fitting of a second tank for the gas and fuel delivery mods to allow either fuel to be used. Is this also the case in the US?

Comment

Originally posted by mikku View Post
                  Hello David s-
                  Looked at the homepage, everything is very interesting but for a couple of things that were left out or touched upon just lightly:

What does the equipment cost?

What does the electricity cost to produce; equipment cost + natural gas cost + maintenance cost divided over the relative short lifetime of the equipment (they say lifespan typical to a water heater)?

There is no incentive by the governments to install this type of equipment.

There is no mandate requiring electric utility companies to purchase back excess electricity or any fixed rate.

What amount of efficiency is lost in the inverter phase DC to AC conversion.

Japan has incentive programs to help pay the original installation cost of solar; and a mandate requiring electric utilities to purchase back excess electricity.

One big thing they do not have is a mandate requiring electrical utilities to provide transmission feed ins for remote areas where solar could be installed on unproductive lands or where large wind farms could produce consistent amounts of electricity.

When you continue to try to produce electricity from fossil fuels even with advanced technologies, you delay the research into clean non-fossil fuel technologies.

Maybe the biggest problem in developing clean fuel technology is the power of the large oil companies, oil producing counties, and central governments.

The oil companies do not want to lose their golden egg.

Same goes for OPEC -- take away world dependence on their oil and what do they have? In many cases desert waste land.

As for central governments--how do you put a tax on sunshine to pay for highway infrastructure improvements. But if there were a new technology, I'm sure they would find a way.
                  The cost of the unit varies from country to country depending on subsidies provided. There are subsidies in Germany, Belgium and the UK. To my knowledge none in Japan or Australia as yet. Obviously with new technology and the associated R&D required the units are pretty expensive. The company is beginning volume manufacturing and believe they can get units down to around $8000. Countries offering good feed in tariffs are installing units and people who are doing the number crunching are finding the economics pretty good. There are no moving parts in the unit, but the heart of it which they call the stack,needs to be replaced at around five years. This of course is also factored into the running costs of the unit. Currently Germany and the UK are the company's main markets due to their government energy policies. If you're interested email the company and ask them if they have an agent in Japan and if not why not.
                  Last edited by david s; 12-11-2013, 07:49 PM.

Comment

In Australia I think the only new vehicle available that runs on both gas and petrol is the large Ford sedan. All other gas powered vehicles require aftermarket fitting of a second tank for the gas and fuel delivery mods to allow either fuel to be used. Is this also the case in the US?
                    Sorry, I'm still confused about your terminology. You say petrol and gas...you mean gasoline? Petrol IS gasoline...not diesel

To answer your question ( I think), there are no autos or ( civilian) trucks that run on both diesel and gasoline available in the US.

There are some military ones that do..my friend has one....you should see the faces at the pump.
                    Old World Stone & Garden

John Ruskin

Comment

Sorry, I'm still confused about your terminology. You say petrol and gas...you mean gasoline? Petrol IS gasoline...not diesel

To answer your question ( I think), there are no autos or ( civilian) trucks that run on both diesel and gasoline available in the US.

There are some military ones that do..my friend has one....you should see the faces at the pump.
                      I think what he is saying is vehicles that are modified to run on LPG. In the distant past, I thought some taxi's and bus's were modified to run on LPG because of some reduced emissions. I worked on a back-up generator for a telephone company with the engine modified for LPG instead of gasoline.

Think that Auz people refer to gasoline (regular/hi-octane) possibly as petrol, and gas as (either bottled or natural gas); diesel same.

We have: Regular, Hi-Octane, Toyu, Kayu, Joyyu (last --spelling --who knows??? refer to Kerosene, Diesel, Heating Fuel Oil. There may be another referring to heavy oil used on ships.

Is that what you are talking about david?

Comment

Sorry, in Australia we call gasoline petrol and gas either LPG or LNG. These fuels are much cheaper than petrol here. Reason for asking is that with the massive production of shale gas I would have thought that US would be using it rather than petroleum.

Comment

The cost of the unit varies from country to country depending on subsidies provided. There are subsidies in Europe, Belgium and the UK. To my knowledge none in Japan or Australia as yet. Obviously with new technology and the associated R&D required the units are pretty expensive. The company is beginning volume manufacturing and believe they can get units down to around $8000. Countries offering good feed in tariffs are installing units and people who are doing the number crunching are finding the economics pretty good. There are no moving parts in the unit, but the heart of it which they call the stack,needs to be replaced at around five years. This of course is also factored into the running costs of the unit. Currently Germany and the UK are the company's main markets due to their government energy policies. If you're interested email the company and ask them if they have an agent in Japan and if not why not.
                          What I am asking is: What does the consumer pay per/KWH for electricity produced by the fuel cell technology when you factor in the costs.

Here with subsidies, and mandatory feed in guarantees the payback for solar is maybe 15 years (excess energy produced sold to the utilities- pays for installation)--that is for a household. But the solar are supposed to last longer--who knows? So someone forks out $30000 for a solar array and related equipment, 15 years later they have their same money back and maybe face replacing the equipment again?? Better put the same money into the stock market -- or even here in a bank with nearly zero interest. turn over is the same.

Hard sell- Convince people to spend money on something they can buy for cheaper on the open market!

The companies who are doing huge solar farms here are gambling on the steady increase in fossil fuel costs AND that the panels will continue to perform well after they are paid off. Solar Frontier is manufactured in Japan only with world wide distribution. It is one of the most widely installed panels here. This company is part of "SHELL OIL".

Comment

Sorry, in Australia we call gasoline petrol and gas either LPG or LNG. These fuels are much cheaper than petrol here. Reason for asking is that with the massive production of shale gas I would have thought that US would be using it rather than petroleum.
                            Probably not only Australia but in the other commonwealth countries or colonies of Britain where they still speak the Queens English.

What does a "stiff upper lip" look like? ole chap?

Or do they only say that in the flickers?

Comment

Originally posted by mikku View Post
                              What I am asking is: What does the consumer pay per/KWH for electricity produced by the fuel cell technology when you factor in the costs.
                              The price/KWH depends on the price the consumer pays for the gas plus the price of the unit minus any subsidies and feed in tariff. This will vary from country to country.

Comment

The price/KWH depends on the price the consumer pays for the gas plus the price of the unit minus any subsidies and feed in tariff. This will vary from country to country.
                                In Wales a recent installation in a home is said to save the owners 2500 pounds a year. Payback time 7 years. I'd get one, but we do not have natural gas piped to our home and there are no Govt. subsidies.

Fuel Cell Low Carbon Technology |
                                Last edited by david s; 12-11-2013, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X