Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clock Question

Thanks Brian,
    Your insurance will contact you with your co-pay!

Yes Frances, I understand completely. Pretty easy to walk away from that blather, despite the money. Nothing like being told "I hate the dentist" by every single patient that sits in your chair. After a few years, it takes its toll and there's not much fun in it.

Now I listen to the kids bad mouth me. That's much better!
    GJBingham
    -----------------------------------
    Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Yeah, but.... George gave us some real insight to the warfare going on in our mouths - but he still didn't weigh in with either his opinion or recomendation. floss then brush or brush then floss....

Comment

Why not floss... then brush... then floss again? And then rince with one of those fluoride mouthwash thingies. That's gotta work!
        "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

I'd give my eye teeth to a good answer to this clock question...

...had a friend who cut his leg....would not heal....ended up in the hospital....very serious stuff....found out that he had a tooth infection!....it was a systematic infection.....and it was only after he dealt with the tooth infection that his leg was able to heal.

take care of your teeth!
          Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

Comment

Originally posted by jengineer View Post
            Yeah, but.... George gave us some real insight to the warfare going on in our mouths - but he still didn't weigh in with either his opinion or recomendation. floss then brush or brush then floss....
            I got the impression that George if finished talking about dentistry. We'll probably just have to go the rest of our lives wondering what he might have said.

I had a dentist appointment Saturday and asked my dentist - a real geek of a guy (said lovingly) who just LOVES dental research. He said it doesn't matter - as long as one is flossing. His belief is that the difference between blossing before or after brushing is very small compared to the differnece between flossing and not flossing.

Comment

Jengineer, I did answer it. You missed it amongst my ramblings. Something about the kitchen floor.....

Yes Frances, that would work too, or we could stop eating and get our meats by IV. If we started this practice as children, we'd never have any oral disease.

SJ - I've never met a dentist that believed the nodus (nodi plural) of infection theory that some medical schools preach. Every time you floss, if your gums bleed, you release millions of bacteria into your bloodstream to go out and infect other susceptible tissues in your body. People don't get sick from flossing because your immune system is already geared up to handle those bugs. Only someone with a severely damaged immune system (HIV/AIDS) or someone with a serious systemic disease (diabetes) or prosthetic joint or heart valve (or heart murmer) should have any tiny cause for concern.

When you related the story about your friend, I was thinking diabetic before you finished your statement.
              GJBingham
              -----------------------------------
              Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Working...
              X