CajunKnight needs prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CajunKnight needs prayers

Travis and Mrs. C; your post has struck very close to home. Both mine and my wifes' prayers are with you both. We know what a difficult time it must be for you. Approximately a month ago i was diagnosed with an agressive large cell carcinoma in my lower back. My first round of treatments began this week. Like Travis my outlook and optimism is good. My wife has had a much tougher time dealing with it. But with each others love and support everything will be fine. The human mind and body is very powerful. Travis; once again my oven is on hold. And like you i will get around to building it. Heck; mabey we can even corner the forum with posts and pics of our progress when we get started.

Comment

Maybe we can have member health and wellness category under general. Seems we have many moving members with thoughts to share. Whenever I meet members of the forum it moves me the passion on life that all of us share. This is by no means just a forum on oven building.

Those of you with health issues, I wish for the best of recovery. To the family members, I wish for you to get the best of support as well, to not feel alone.
      An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

I was wondering why we hadn't heard from CajunKnight and now I know. I pray that he will get through the procedure safely and recover completely from the treatment. Psalm 118:17 "I shall not die, but live, and tell of the works of the Lord"......and cook many meals in my wood-fired oven when I get it built!

Comment

i have found little to really make me laugh but that one did the trick. ty all for the warm thoughts wishes and prayers. i have come to realize how many people i have on my side and it feels great. sunday evening i head to baton rouge closer to hospital for test monday morning. surgery tuesday. recovery will take a while. will miss u all and please keep the prayers coming. i have truly felt the difference.
          Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste
          like chicken...

My 44" oven in progress...

Comment

Take care Travis, We will be praying for you and your family that all is well. Stay strong and positve!

Cheers, Versachi
            "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Comment

CK's - you are in our prayers and thoughts, too.

Safe travels today. Get over this thing quick - so we can start seeing pictures of progress again!!!!

Vincent, Same goes for you - Hang in there buddy!!!

Christo
              Last edited by christo; 08-10-2008, 09:37 AM.
              My oven progress -
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
              sigpic

Comment

Travis, your positive and upbeat outlook will stand you in good stead during your recovery and building an oven sounds like a perfect recovery project - all the best as you move toward the day you can begin.

Actually, it's often said that something visual can really help in recovering to good health. Even until you reach the physical starting point, maybe you can imagine each step toward recovery as 'another brick in the dome' - when the imaginary one is complete, it'll be time to start the actual one!

We're there for you as you tackle each of them!

Sarah

Comment

Praise God! Today we received news that the doc no longer believes that Travis has a brain tumor. Our doctor called this morning and told us to get to his office immediately so we dropped everything and began the trek to his office. Once we arrived, I tried to give the surgical assistant the letter from Travis' primary physician clearing him for surgery tomorrow as well as copies of the Power of Attorney we drew up and the Living Will. She refused the copies and said "I'm not going to take those, there has been a change and I can't discuss it with you just wait for the doctor." My heart fell into my feet. All I could think was that his tumor had reached the 4.0 cm mark making it inoperable. He's already at 3.4 cm and we did an MRI Friday afternoon so with the tumor constantly changing between CT scans and MRI's, I was close to distraught. The doc came in from surgery and said "Travis, we're not operating tomorrow. My colleagues and I do not believe it's a tumor and I'm not going to screw up your life by performing an operation that may be unnecessary." He went on to explain that he and his colleagues (all brain surgeons) have been looking over the scans and based on the changes with Friday's scan, they believe that what has actually happened is that he has developed Multiple Sclerosis rather than a brain tumor. Now, we understand that MS isn't great news, but it's a damn sight better than brain cancer. We can learn to live with MS! Praise God! He had yet another MRI today taken from different angles than the others. In addition, tomorrow he will have a spinal tap. The tap will rule out or rule in MS and it will also rule out Lyme Disease.

It's not time to stop praying, it's time to kick it into high gear and heal this man. God is moving and He is listening to our corporate prayers! God is Good! And Travis' mother is pushing for his healing from up there too! We always knew that Mama had a direct line to God and now she's staying on Him like she did on her children! We will update again...continue to pray...pray hard and fast! And before you know it, the next update will say that there's nothing there! What a testimony!

Travis and Yvonne
                  like chicken...

Comment

What great news...Heck; since the brain tumor has been kicked in the butt might as well kick the MS prognosis right out with it. You're still in our thoughts and prayers
                    Vincent

Comment

Wow. Keep hanging in there!
                      Ken H. - Kentucky
                      42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
                      Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Talk about an emotional roller coaster ride! Yes, hang in there!
                        "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

We're with you all the way!
                          Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

I am so grateful to hear your news. Your exuberance came right through the Internet! We are rejoicing with you and want to encourage you every step of the way. Keep us posted.

Comment

Travis & Yvonne,

I hope the news just keeps improving!
                              All the best tomorrow.

Comment

home for weekend no more doctors till wednesday. did i ever mention i hate needles. no news yet and usually no news is good news. i feel good mentally but body is tired. right arm useless but everything else still works. start phys therapy next week. i take that as a good thing.there are about a 1000 or so used solid bricks by hospital where construction being done and plan on talking to someone next week about them. not fire bricks but old solid clay. would be a good finish anyway. gotta start collecting somewhere right. thanks for the prayers and thoughts.when i know something you will.
                                Travis
                                like chicken...

Comment

Working...
                                X