Favorite Christmas presents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Christmas presents

I use a sugared cola and cheap beer as a lawn dethatcher. The enzymes in the beer use the sugar in the cola to break down the thatch. When my kids were little they were curious about what I was spraying on the lawn. I reminded them of when we put "cow poop" on the lawn to help it grow. The immediately equated the homebrew lawn dethatcher with " cow pee" and have never expressed a desire to drink. I have offered it to them more than once and they have such a negative association that they have a hard time understanding why people drink beer. They also believe that wine is "spoiled fruit" and chewing tabacco is "bug killer". Now if they would only associate hard work with fun I might have an entirely new child rearing technique.

Bruce
    Sharpei Diem.....Seize the wrinkle dog

Comment

Ahhh Bruce,
      You've destroyed your kids. Totally unamerican! What is life with no vices? No doubt they will end up believing that Big Oil is bad and that you can do anything you set your mind to. What is the world comming to????

G.
      GJBingham
      -----------------------------------
      Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Originally posted by brokencookie View Post
        They also believe that wine is "spoiled fruit"
        Ah yes... I was almost sucked in until I came to the part about the wine. That's where I simply MUST draw the line!

We had a bottle of local stuff with our pizza last night (Huber Winery in Starlight, Indiana). It was outstanding.

Accompanied by fruit salad and a Greek salad it was one of the best meals our brick oven has helped produced.
        Ken H. - Kentucky
        42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
        Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Ken??? Wine grapes grown in Indiana? Who knew?

Nothing better than good vino with a nice Mediterranean meal.
          Happy New Year.
          G.
          GJBingham
          -----------------------------------
          Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Working...
          X