What did Santa bring you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What did Santa bring you?

Oooh, would you please post the link anyway? I need to practice my German and that's a lot easier with something interesting!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
    [/CENTER]

Comment

Re: What did Santa bring you?

Archena,
      Here's a link to an article by NASA in english:

NASA - Severe Space Weather--Social and Economic Impacts

One would grow very old, very fast if one fretted about every possible scenario of calamity or doom. That being said, my family is probably several times more prepared to survive calamities (as comfortably as possible) than the average citizen. But that's saying: We're prepared against those calamities which have a higher likelihood of happening.

I expect that it is sort of a chicken and egg sort of question... which came first? Does having a natural inclination toward self-reliance cause one to gravitate toward certain lifestyles or does the pursuit of certain lifestyles cause one to become self-reliant?

This could get really off topic quickly but there is a world seed repository on Spitzbergen Island as a hedge bet against a truly civilization changing calamity. Link:
      Svalbard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      and
      http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...day-deep-freez

Bests,
      Wiley

Comment

Working...
      X