X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim F
    replied
    Re: Adelaide South Australia - Gagannis Bros

Yep, they have some great stuff! I'm eying off a pair of those 50cm tongs in the spit section... think I'll pick them up next visit.

Leave a comment:

• nissanneill
    replied

Tim,
    I think you paid a litle too much. A couple of weeks ago I got mine from one of the palettes spread around the store for $10:20. I couldn't work out why one bag had a large printed 44 on it but I see they had 45 palettes of flour.
    They sure have some nice goodies in there.
    Have you had a good look through the front of the shop with all the pans, glassware, pizza accessories, knives etc yet?
    I usually use that flour but I also have 10kg of their pizza flour and I got a 10kg bag of their superior bread flour to try.
    They have too many for this amateur to use and 10kg is not always easy to store and I am not good enough yet to use it quickly.

Neill

Leave a comment:

• Tim F
    replied

Their Gaganis branded special white flour is excellent for pizzas. It's 9% protein which works well for me, and a really good balance of extensibility and elasticity. I've never handled dough like it - you can pretty much windowpane the whole dough ball if you want! And only $12 or so for 10kg.

Leave a comment:

• jengineer
    replied

also known as a wallet killer

Leave a comment:

• nissanneill
    started a topic Adelaide South Australia - Gagannis Bros

Adelaide South Australia - Gagannis Bros

This place is a very Greek/Italian bulk food warehouse come supermarket name Gagganis Brothers,
    As you can imagine, everything is there and in bulk. It is displayed on racking with palettes everywhere and very cheap pricing. They have bulk flours, tomatoes, pastes, toppings, spices, smallgoods, and everything you could ever need.
    They also have a smallgoods a specialty area, huge selection of cheeses, heaps of pastes and sauces, too many oils to mention, coffee section and even a hardware section with everything imaginable for the kitchen and cooking.
    They also have huge barbeques, roasters, wine presses, barells, bottles and everything needed for wine making.
    Well worth a visit but you will need a utility to get everything home but a great place to visit.

Neill
Working...
X