Do I need a footing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need a footing?

I am planning to build an oven that will sit on a steel structure. Can the steel structure sit directly on my paver patio, or should I pull up some pavers and pour a slab with some deeper footings?

My thought is if I design the steel structure properly it can distribute the weight and sit right on the pavers. I realize that this is a very important step and I don't want to screw it up. Any thoughts that anyone could help with is greatly appreciated.

Re: Do I need a footing?

If you were on a concrete patio I would say you were safe but pavers you will want something a little more solid . Good luck on your build.

Randy

Comment

It depends on the size of the oven and the design of the stand. I personally think it can easily be done on pavers.

Comment

Well I guess I could depend on the type of stand and type of oven. I was thinking of just 4 feet comming down but if you had a square on the bottom same as the top to spread the weight out you might be just fine as long as the patio was properly built. I for a moment was thinking of my oven that I think weighs north of 10,000#.

Randy

Comment

Working...
        X