• Show
Clear All

Re: Park Oven Progress

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Comment

I see a tri-pod device in the foreground of your latest picture. Is it one of those campfire cooking rigs? I always wanted to try that technology but never got to it. I have rationalized that the oven I'm building will do everything a campfire cook set can do.

Looking good

A truely restful and private setting you have
        Last edited by Lburou; 12-26-2010, 09:03 AM.
        Lee B.
        DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

I see a tri-pod device in the foreground of your latest picture.

Yes we enjoy the outdoors ... The tripod we use for hanging a "dutch oven" on and doing our cooking over an open fire. Around here they have "no fires without a permit" for a few months during summer, so no "open fires" allowed.
          The wood oven is OK.

Comment

Originally posted by Warren View Post
            I see a tri-pod device in the foreground of your latest picture.

Yes we enjoy the outdoors ... The tripod we use for hanging a "dutch oven" on and doing our cooking over an open fire. Around here they have "no fires without a permit" for a few months during summer, so no "open fires" allowed.
            The wood oven is OK.

Have you tried any of the cast iron cookware (used in the camp fire) in the oven yet?
            Last edited by Lburou; 12-27-2010, 06:21 PM.
            Lee B.
            DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Only had 1 fire so far.... still in the curing stage when i get around to it.... but thanks for the idea. i will do that. ..... dutch oven in the wood oven GREAT!

Comment

a tagine works well too

Comment

HI, the tagine does work well had a leg o'lamb in that one and i had a cast iron camp oven (braised chook) and a baking tray (pudding) all in the wfo at the same time , it's all about experimenting , you get your misshaps with cooking and you can only get better the more you do it.I am going to try a salt crusted whole fish once it fines up more here in brisbane.

Comment

salt crusted fish....... news years eve is looking to be fine i might lay off the turps and try that one

ive done a snapper wrapped in banana leaves and a salt crusted whole chicken in the oven

the chicken came up really well just a little too salty to taist though

Comment

Originally posted by jas. View Post
                      once it fines up more here in brisbane.
                      Raining one day drenched the next.....

Come down to sunny Vic....I havent seen so many QLD plates towing caravans for many a year.
                      The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

thats because they cant get home .....the roads are all flooded hehehe

Comment

Yeah we are coming to invade and take over with our homes (caravans)with wfo's on the back..ha!
                          yep i managed to cook off 4 pizzas tonight , we had a fine sunny day for a change and still fine so far .but not for long.
                          i once cooked chicken with 30 cloves of garlic and that was very nice too , gotta love the garlic though , may seem a bit much but it was pretty good.
                          have you tried many desserts in the oven? someone did a pizza with banana chocolate and maple syrup, thats on my list to try.mmm

Comment

Comment

Comment

thats it finished now for some cooking ......
                                Last edited by Warren; 12-30-2010, 10:20 PM. Reason: p

Comment

Working...
                                X