Views:	1
Size:	281.9 KB
ID:	285414

Click image for larger version

Name:	ovenpics2 014.jpg
Size:	285.4 KB
ID:	285415
    The fins are a pain in the neck to get right. Once you get them in place for the last chain and the keystone leave them until you get done. Some things didn't turn out just right but when the mortar gets hard its tough to change.
    bob
    Millwrights can fix anything but the break of day and the crack of doom. We ought to be able to build an oven.

Comment

Re: Starting a 42 pompeii

Looks like you have a great start. I will be watching avidly. Maybe I can get down there in person sometime.
      Bevan

Comment

Name:	ovenpics2 021.jpg
Size:	284.5 KB
ID:	285453
        Finally the first fire. Lots more to do after this but I am starting to dry out the oven. I found a couple of cracks on the outside but no smoke coming out any where. I am working on everything around it now especially the roof I have to get the mostly finished so I can insulate. I try to do a little bit everyday. It won't be long before pizza and bread.
        boiler bob
        Millwrights can fix anything but the break of day and the crack of doom. We ought to be able to build an oven.

Comment

Looks good. Did you get your insulating blanket at EJ Bartells? If so can I ask what it cost?

Comment

I didn't buy the blanket at bartels because we had some left over from some work we did on boiler doors. Partial rolls and some strips and pieces. (some manager wanted to toss them because they were "in the way", so I took him at his word). I priced bartels and they quoted me $67 plus shipping for a box, which is, I think 50 sq.ft. of kaowool blanket. That was at the portland store it might be different in Spokane. All of the refractory suppliers have board also but it is very expensive. I think FB has the best deal on board. I hope this helps.
            regards
            Boiler Bob

Comment

I have made a few pizzas we have done about 30-35 pizzas so far plus bread and rib roast. Everything has turned out better than expected. There is a steep learning curve about firing the oven. the key is to get good clean wood. and get it going quick so it doesnt smoke and bother the neighbors.

Name:	ovenpics2 030.jpg
Size:	295.0 KB
ID:	286323

Name:	ovenpics2 031.jpg
Size:	281.8 KB
ID:	286324

Name:	ovenpics2 033.jpg
Size:	294.1 KB
ID:	286325

Name:	ovenpics2 034.jpg
Size:	299.5 KB
ID:	286326

Name:	ovenpics2 036.jpg
Size:	309.1 KB
ID:	286327

Comment

I am drooling on my desk.

Comment

Working...
                X