• telehort
    replied
    Re: Captain: 36" pompeii oven photo slide show

Great pictures!

Leave a comment:

• captain
    replied

As far as size you will be fine I made the 36" and that looked a little big to me the only thing I should have made my hearth a little wider, it would have made it easer to put my insulating coast of vermiculite over the dome on 3 edeges it is overhanging the heart but I will make adjustments I originaly was going to enclose it but I decided to go with the igloo at the last minute. As far as the dome I continued all the way with bricks and then parged the entire dome with fire clay mortar, don't worry take your time and I am sure it will come out fine.

Leave a comment:

• boccu
    replied

hi captain - some great pics there! I just completed the base of my oven yesterday so the fun should soon begin. I am waiting in sincere hope for the vermiculite layer to solidify ..... I built the base large enough to take a 42" and man it seems sooo much larger than the one you made. I hope I got my dimensions correct!! I'll begin a thread of pics when I get down to it.

Just a question - one of your pics shows how you made a dome form out of sand when you got towards the top of your dome. From that point on did you continue using bric pieces or did you plug the top with cement?

Boccu

Leave a comment:

• captain
    started a topic Captain: 36" pompeii oven photo slide show

Captain: 36" pompeii oven photo slide show

Kodakgallery.com Sign in to Kodakgallery.com
Working...
X