Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Perth WA Pizza Oven/Outdoor Kitchen

Chris,
    Have you approached your local council? Up here and for most councils in Australia they require, for any construction, 1.5m clearance from your boundary fence. Make sure you get on good terms with your neighbour or they could make you pull the whole thing down. Pass pizza and bread over that fence and try not to let the oven smoke. Good luck, your work looks great.
    Dave

PS done those plates under the stand feet yet?
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

great looking build...

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
        Chris,
        Have you approached your local council? Up here and for most councils in Australia they require, for any construction, 1.5m clearance from your boundary fence. Make sure you get on good terms with your neighbour or they could make you pull the whole thing down. Pass pizza and bread over that fence and try not to let the oven smoke. Good luck, your work looks great.
        Dave

PS done those plates under the stand feet yet?
        No issues with sinking just yet, but next step is more legs.. 2 down the side. and 1 at the front.. and small plates under each.. definately on the to do ASAP list .

few months ago my side fence (one the pizza oven is against).. and back fence blew down.. for 2 months we had no fences.. in that time we all bonded... had BBQ's at eachothers houses.. he knows about the build and looks over every now and then to say hi/have a look..

He doesnt mind at all.. and knows exactly how the chimney setup will go.. (will be really high to avoid smoke in his house).

Im also doing a polycarbonate roof down to the fence.. and a gutter system tucked under the fence.. which coucil would die if they heard of that.. but again.. neighbour loves the idea as there is currently no visual privacy between my patio and his house..

Happy Wife Happy Life... more like.. Happy Neighbours Happy Life

thanks for the comments guys! cant wait till she's all done

Comment

Very nice looking oven. I like the metal stand. Enjoy the food!!
          Eric

Comment

Hey All

Long time no see!

Patio extension has been completed, which means i could finally complete the chimney, had a double walled stainless made up with 2x45degree bends.. all insulated.. but damn it still gets hot on the outside.. no issues with the polycarbonate yet.. so fingers crossed im in the clear! otherwise will have to rethink and put a dropbox in to reinsulate where it passes through.

Finished curing.. took around 4-5days .. i couldnt resist cranking it.. thankfully i can say i have absolutely no cracks inside the dome at all.. not even one fine hairline fracture..

Have done some insulation but cant been seen in the pics.. will post more soon!

Had 2 pizza nights so far! already gone through 100+kg's of wood! i guess curing did most of that! time to find free sources of wood!

Pizza taste amazing.. so much better than I anticipated!

More pics to be found on the bloggity! 'That's Amore'

Comment

Working...
            X