New Build in the UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Build in the UK

Thanks ! Getting worried now, as I'm starting to realise how many mistakes I've made! Like the brickwork, I was looking at how to grout it only to realise that I should have used more mortar when bricking and removed it with a tool to get a better finish. Oh well, it'll be the long/complex way now!

Also, trying to decide on the shape of the door opening (full arch or straight sides); and how much vermicrete to use... tempted to put 20cm or so; but then I would need to raise the floor. Initially this was going to be the plan as I was going to put slate down, but now I'm tempted to leave the floor for a while...

Similarly, the roof, I have half an idea to integrate an oven into the chimney so I can use the exhaust gases to bake potatoes or something... but I also want to make a beavertail chimney so it's in the center. Also, I want to integrate a brickwork BBQ on one side... so many ideas, so few plans

As ironic as it sounds, I need some rain to slow me down so I can plan before I do anything. (even though I poured concrete in the rain today... quite weird... was using plastic sheets to stop the concrete from getting too wet and to stop the mixer's plug getting wet

M.

Comment

Working...
    X