Michigan Patio Kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Patio Kitchen

Muskie country... i'm over in GR. probably won't get back on the water for another month.. when the Steelies start to run.

Comment

Made some good progress on the hardscape today. Doesn't have much to do with the WFO but works well into the overall plan. Had a few squaring issues with existing patios etc. but all will work out fine - I hope !!

Comment

Got a lot of the steel structure done today. The P70 will go in the corner. Probably not a lot more happening till the oven arrives. It was supposed to ship from FB today.
        Last edited by Fish Whisperer; 09-28-2012, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Cement board is up, stone panels being attached, and the P70 showed up today ! Amazing packing job FB !!! That crate is BIG and HEAVY !!
          Last edited by Fish Whisperer; 10-06-2012, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Nice job, looking forward to seeing the the rest of the build.
            Our Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoneh...60738907277443

Comment

Here is the almost finished structure with stand in the corner for the P70. Due to space limitations I had to have a stand fabricated as the FB stand had to large a footprint. Granite will go around the oven with a mosaic trim.

Comment

Looking good. How are you going to get the oven onto the stand?
                My build progress
                My WFO Journal on Facebook
                My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Fish, is it possible to move your grill to the far end of the countertop? When placing your oven, make sure you have a wide sweep in front of the oven, to account for pizza peels, oven untensiles, etc. You dont want to be banging into the lid of your grill with your peels or brushes, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jeeppiper View Post
                    Fish, is it possible to move your grill to the far end of the countertop? When placing your oven, make sure you have a wide sweep in front of the oven, to account for pizza peels, oven untensiles, etc. You dont want to be banging into the lid of your grill with your peels or brushes, etc.
                    Yeah... I might end up moving the grill to where the burner is and vice versa. Have to see how it works when I set the oven in there.

Comment

Originally posted by deejayoh View Post
                      Looking good. How are you going to get the oven onto the stand?
                      Well - I ordered the P70 without a stand, but it came with a stand anyhow. I think I may put the FB stand on the oven upside down and use a hi-lo to move it onto my counter top. I'll probably have to use some timber to even out the load but I suppose the stand will hold the weight of the oven either way. The other option is a case of beer and snacks for a bunch of my strong neighbors.

Comment

OK almost done !!! I ended up putting the FB stand on the P70 upside down. Had to cut about 1.5 " off each upright and about 8" out of the middle of the first cross-member to clear the chimney. Hated to hack up that pretty stand but It fit perfectly !! Put straps around the stand, Hooked that up to Ray's Bobcat, lifted it onto the stand fabricated for this install, and mortared around the bottom. I'm going to put stainless mosaic around the black ring at the bottom and will probably end up painting the dome to better match the masonry.
                        Last edited by Fish Whisperer; 11-09-2012, 10:41 AM.

Comment

All cured now and making pizza !!!

Comment

Congrats! Looks good and just in time for winter Are you going to attempt the turkey tomorrow?
                            Check out my pictures here:
                            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Well here is the final photo. All finished, cured, and working well ! Added a fire table to the plan as well.

Comment

You do nice work. Love the fire table! Did you build that or is it something off the shelf?
                                My build progress
                                My WFO Journal on Facebook
                                My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Working...
                                X