Huge Thanks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Huge Thanks!

It will be fine, just parge the interior with refractory cement.

Comment

That my friend is beautiful great job!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
        It will be fine, just parge the interior with refractory cement.

Didnt think about that, would that really be necessary? ill do it either way, guess i can just apply on the backside/inside of the chimney as i work my way up the chimney.
        Matthew 19:26. With God all things are possible.

My Build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...les-18741.html

Comment

It is not necessary, but as a rule, unlined chimneys are parged. For an oven, a foot or so should be all you need with refractory, that is about how high the flames will lick.

Comment

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
            It is not necessary, but as a rule, unlined chimneys are parged. For an oven, a foot or so should be all you need with refractory, that is about how high the flames will lick.

Thanks for the advice.

Xene sorry to high jack your thread.
            Matthew 19:26. With God all things are possible.

My Build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...les-18741.html

Comment

Originally posted by V-wiz View Post
              Xene sorry to high jack your thread.
              No worries, highjack away - as long as it's oven related, it's all good!
              My oven album is here

sigpic

Comment

I just went through your oven album after seeing it your sig. I have to say, I am amazed at how much you accomplished, and how close the end product is to your original design.

I am just now (like, this week) finishing my oven house/outdoor kitchen. Last coat of stucco goes on tomorrow, I hope... I can't believe you got all that done in one summer.

Hope that spring has now sprung in Iowa and you are baking up a storm in the oven.
                My build progress
                My WFO Journal on Facebook
                My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Hey, thanks deejayoh! Last March 21st we had the slab poured (this year it snowed!), and since it was a dry (and incredibly hot) summer, there weren't more than a handful of days when I couldn't work on it. It did take me until the end of October to lay the last brick. I had just left my job and didn't really know what to do with myself during the day, it was a fabulous transition project (I recommend a pizza oven build for retirement.)

Your build is incredible too, as I just left in my comments there.

We did have pizza outside Friday night, but nearly froze, there is still ice on the north side of the oven, even with patio heaters it is a bit chilly out there. Another week or two though and I'll be out there all the time I'm sure. Oh - and all my tiles seem to have stayed stuck too, even with this harsh winter - hooray!
                  My oven album is here

sigpic

Comment

Funny, I left my job at the end of the year. That's how I am finally finishing up my oven. Wouldn't call it retirement yet, but the break has been nice!
                    My build progress
                    My WFO Journal on Facebook
                    My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Working...
                    X