Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Indoor 32" Build

Hi Dave,

Yes, I have a damper in the chimney with a control that will come out through the wall. Space was tight, I spent a small fortune in Advil and beer completing this project.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineLotus View Post
      I spent a small fortune in Advil and beer completing this project.
      In which order?
      My build progress
      My WFO Journal on Facebook
      My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Beer first for motivation, Advil the next morning for the sore muscles.

Comment

Secured the chimney plate this morning. I didn't secure with bolts using the four mounting holes, worried about drilling the fire brick and didn't like the idea of a rigid attachment with different rates of expansion between the steel plate and brick. Recessed bricks and sealed on both sides of the mounting plate with 3m Fire Block sealant.

Comment

Wow, MaineL, Great work!
            You haven't mentioned the lighting at the base of the vent chamber. Was that your idea? ..'cause I'm going to copy it.
            best regards,
            Q

Comment

Thanks, but not my idea, others have incorporated lights. I bought Maytag oven light sockets on eBay.

Comment

Chimney connected and damper assembled. The worse part of is waiting a week before starting the curing fires, uggh! t

Comment

Will be interested to hear how those lights work out. Others who've tried in-oven lighting haven't had great luck. Too hot. But your placement is novel - definitely a cooler area. How well does it light inside the dome?

Personally, I find through a piece of kindling on the fire works fine if I need more light.
                  My build progress
                  My WFO Journal on Facebook
                  My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Lights up the inside fairly well, dimly lit, about what I expected. Shouldn't see high oven temps where they are located, guess time will tell. Landing is very long on this build, which should also help.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineLotus View Post
                      Chimney connected and damper assembled. The worse part of is waiting a week before starting the curing fires, uggh! t
                      I think I would butress that damper guide block on all sides the near side could be supported by the wall but the sides and rear need some type of support. It would be tough to reinforce after the wall was finished.
                      Chip

Comment

Finished curing fires and insulated the oven this morning. Maintained a medium size fire for most of the day with a big fire around dinner time. Overall very happy with how things worked out. Came down with the flue the day after making making dough. (I had visions of dealing with a different kind of flue this weekend )

BTW, the topping on this pizza was marinated Moose and it tasted awesome. The rest were traditional pizzas, like Margarita, but I failed to take photos in the rush of things.

Comment

Excellent looking pie!
                          Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
                          John Ruskin

Comment

I've spent more time using the oven than working on finishing it. Took a break from cooking pizzas to built the wall and mount the cast iron door. Last step is some sort of tile, undecided. Thinking of three options - mosiac tile design (yellow/red/orange flames against a blue backgroud), brick face, or sand colored tile.

Comment

Finally finished the tile around the oven. A bit of trim painting left, it's good to be finished.

Comment

Beautiful.
                                Chip

Comment

Working...
                                X