42" Pompeii - Northern Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 42" Pompeii - Northern Illinois

If it were me, I'd cover it and leave it covered for a few days. And leave the forms on awhile, too. Give it a good slow cure.
    My Build:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/s...ina-20363.html

"Believe that you can and you're halfway there".

Comment

I covered with two layers of tarps last night…. Sunny today with highs in mid 50's. Rolled back the tarp and had condensation on the tarp and concrete. I was happy to not see ice.
      The plan is to leave uncovered today an let the sun do its work and then recover late afternoon. Forecast for tonight is mid 30's
      Thanks,
      Giuseppe
      pizza,pizza!

Comment

I am struggling with posting photos?.. I have created an album in the FB photo gallery. When I insert them into a post I either end up with a thumbnail or Large photo?.. How do I post a thumbnail that will allow a viewer to click and see the larger pic?
        Thanks
        Thanks,
        Giuseppe
        pizza,pizza!

Comment

After selecting reply to post, click on the Go Advanced button at the bottom of your post. It will look like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	G1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.2 KB
ID:	303787

Now click on the small paper clip. This one:

Name:	G2.jpg
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	303788

A Manage Attacments box will pop up that looks like this.

Name:	G3.jpg
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	303789

Use the Choose File selection to find the pic on your computer. Then select Upload. You can upload several pics, one at a time. Then go back to that same small paperclip. Click on the small drop down arrow by it.

The Manage Attacments box will pop back up with your selected pic files. Then just post your pics to your reply .
          Last edited by Gulf; 03-30-2014, 10:30 AM.
          Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by I am Giuseppe View Post
            I covered with two layers of tarps last night?. Sunny today with highs in mid 50's. Rolled back the tarp and had condensation on the tarp and concrete. I was happy to not see ice.
            The plan is to leave uncovered today an let the sun do its work and then recover late afternoon. Forecast for tonight is mid 30's
            It would be better to just leave your tarps on full time for at least a couple weeks, to keep the moisture in the slab while its curing. This is not like drying out an oven dome, a concrete slab needs that moisture to cure properly.
            Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
            John Ruskin

Comment

GULF...Thanks on the photo's
              Stonecutter… Don't know that I'm patient enough to wait two weeks to start on the block work I appreciate you comments I left it exposed for a few hours today and recovered. Seems to be setting up nice.

Name:	Pour day1.JPG
Size:	326.2 KB
ID:	303794

Name:	Pour day 2.JPG
Size:	289.1 KB
ID:	303795

Name:	Pour day 3.JPG
Size:	318.1 KB
ID:	303796
              Thanks,
              Giuseppe
              pizza,pizza!

Comment

I get that. But I still recommend you keep it covered day and night until you start the block work.
                Old World Stone & Garden

John Ruskin

Comment

Will do…. I will need to peek. I checked out your last build….. Love It!
                  Thanks,
                  Giuseppe
                  pizza,pizza!

Comment

Looking like a good start. Power on.
                    Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Yesterday was the day to build the base.
                      We drilled 1/2" rebar into the slab that extends up into the corner blocks, also used 2 pieces back to back 2-3/8" 3/8" thick angle iron under the blocks that span the opening. The corner blocks and blocks across the span were filled with concrete.
                      All went well and I'm looking forward to framing and pouring the hearth on the weekend.
                      Thanks,
                      Giuseppe
                      pizza,pizza!

Comment

The past couple of weekends were productive for my oven project. I was able to get the block base complete and the hearth poured. I have purchased super Isol board for my oven floor insulation and am looking forward to starting on the oven floor and oven. Unfortunately I have some travel the next few weekends that will preclude me from working on the project the next few weekends. I hope to find some time during the week day evenings to make some additional headway.
                        Thanks,
                        Giuseppe
                        pizza,pizza!

Comment

Onwards and upwards! Lookin' good.
                          Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Getting ready to put down my Super Isol board. Can anyone give me any intel on leveling the Isol board if needed. (Sand, fire clay ...etc.) I would also like help with the best way to level the fire brick for my oven base.
                            Thanks in advance.
                            Thanks,
                            Giuseppe
                            pizza,pizza!

Comment

Looking for additional guidance here…. I'm planning on leveling my Super Isol board and them once again my oven floor bricks with the standard Fire Clay, Sand and water mixture per the plans. Today my Fire Clay supplier was concerned that this bill not bond anything together. Should I be concerned? should I mix in some high temp mortar or portland cement?

Thanks in advance!
                              Thanks,
                              Giuseppe
                              pizza,pizza!

Comment

You don't need to establish a bond with the hearth bricks, only create a level surface for them to set on. Don't add too much clay, or it will be tough to screed.
                                Old World Stone & Garden

John Ruskin

Comment

Working...
                                X