Tent takes flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tent takes flight

I was a bit out of line when I made the statement. I guess it is an insult to our time when people do that. Sorry and thanks James.
    An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

Robert,
      No need to apologize, I kinda like your fire. He's(shes?) the one imposing. Good call by dmun
      GJBingham
      -----------------------------------
      Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Jim,
        A sad day here, but I immediately thought of you.

We got about an inch of really wet snow last night. My wife was out playing with the kids for a few minutes, then came rushing to the door -

"have you seen the canopy?" she said.

Having seen the wetness of the white stuff, I knew it couldn't be good. Might as well have some fun with it so I grabbed my camera and went out the door to find this disaster of a canopy. All bent and twisted - a total loss! On the bright side, the stakes held exceptionally well!

The cold weather does have an occasional upside. I found this unusual ice crystalization pattern on the patio table the other morning. The dust from the concrete polishing may be the source of what I'm calling "Ice Ferns". Perhaps palm trees. I'm still undecided.....

Have a great day!
        GJBingham

-

Comment

Bad year for tents I guess..........

and another one bites the dust!

sorry bout your luck George!

but the ice pattern is way cool
          My thread:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...ress-2476.html
          My costs:
          http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Xr0fvgxuh4s7Hw
          My pics:
          http://picasaweb.google.com/dawatsonator

Comment

Originally posted by gjbingham View Post
            Jim,
            A sad day here, but I immediately thought of you.

We got about an inch of really wet snow last night. My wife was out playing with the kids for a few minutes, then came rushing to the door -

"have you seen the canopy?" she said.

Having seen the wetness of the white stuff, I knew it couldn't be good. Might as well have some fun with it so I grabbed my camera and went out the door to find this disaster of a canopy. All bent and twisted - a total loss! On the bright side, the stakes held exceptionally well!

The cold weather does have an occasional upside. I found this unusual ice crystalization pattern on the patio table the other morning. The dust from the concrete polishing may be the source of what I'm calling "Ice Ferns". Perhaps palm trees. I'm still undecided.....

Have a great day!
            Hey George,

First, that is a way-cool phenomenon. And I am so sorry for the problem with your enclosure. But I have been thinking about this a bit and there are some disturbing parallels that should give us both (and others) pause.

As a backdrop, the time we spend on our oven and on this forum comes from somewhere . . . and someone.

And

I too (for months) took over and used our patio furniture (including table) as a work surface, staging area and catch all.

Finally

as you mention it, it occurs to me that it was my wife as well who was the first to "discover" and reveal to me the problem of my tent.

How foolish of me not to recognize the signs. I am going to go now to my wife to see if I can get her to fess up. You start with the kids and ask them if mom was really playing with them at the time of this most recent incident.

I say most recent because I think further investigation into Dusty's tent, Ken's arch and Dave's displaced brick will bring us all closer to the truth - - there is a forum out there somewhere for victims of Forno Bravo and they are beginning to rise up.

All that said, now that you find yourself in the market, allow me to plug ez-up once again, its resilience was proven with my crash, and it is great at keeping the elements at bay when properly afixed to the ground. They also have a great guarantee (I own no stock just one of their tents).

Jim

Comment

Funny George you talking about snow build up on the tent. Every morning (early) after snow dumping from the night before, I go out to find the tent sagging big time at corners from water build up. The two heaters keep it nice inside and melt snow when it falls on top. Each time I go to get my ladder and a bucket, then freeze my fingers in freezing water as I scoop out. No way will this tent fail! Not allowed.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Comment

Funny stuff, Jim. I had a great laugh. The masses rise against the evil forces, and our wives are the leaders! This must be some sinister plan to get us back into taking out the trash and mowing the lawn.

Thankfully, I don't need the ez-up, at least until my temporary shelter (plywood and 2 X 4 legs) blows away. I was really stupid with the canopy. A couple of days ago, I was thinking, I should put that thing away. I'd moved it out of the way when I built the ugly plywood cover over the oven, and I staked it down just in case of wind, but I wasn't using it at all. Who knew that an inch of snow would bring that thing to its knees? It was only 80 bucks, but it was a champ when the rains came on our last camping trip.

RIP canopy. I will miss you, at least next time we go camping. Right now, your going to cost me 11 bucks at the dump...... Hmmm perhaps cremation??
                GJBingham

-

Comment

George, don't tell your wife it was only $80. She would say "Dinner reservations please....."

Acoma's Tuscan:

Comment

Robert,
                    You have a keen understanding of my wife!
                    GJBingham

-

Comment

Originally posted by RTflorida View Post
                      Glad to hear all was not lost (referring to the tent).
                      I especially like your reference to Jean Shephard and the hands down greatest Christmas movie of all time - A Christmas Story (my twisted opinion)

RT
                      With all due respect to your opinion, RT, I feel compelled to point out that the greatest Christmas movie of all time is, in fact, "Jaws."

Comment

Working...
                      X