Space in my Backyard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Space in my Backyard.

is that a chicken looking around that vertical beam above your stove?

Comment

where do you live? Panama?

Comment

Gj i am from the group called one steps "you know" (one step from the trees).
        in truth it did take me bit to fill it and i must say i am pleased that there is only 2 1/2 to go. the next 2 i will need to do in 2 parts as i have used all my material and i do not have enough to go around the whole bed in one hit.

Mark

Comment

Maburton i live in Canberra the capital of Australia. i am not sure of what you mean about the chicken however they are up the back. i made them a run between the wooden garden beds and the fence. we have 3 chickens and 1 duck.
          Along the back fence i have espaliered a lot of fruit trees and by having the run along there the chooks fertalize the trees , keep the weeds down, keep the pests down, and clean up any wind fall. so they are a great bonus.

Mark
          Last edited by Hagrid; 04-18-2008, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Looks like a Chicken to me....

A nice big one waiting to roast in the oven?

Really nice progress - with all that concrete, I can tell you are not adverse to hard work!!!

Christo
            My oven progress -
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
            sigpic

Comment

Christo, I bet once the oven is done that the chicken disappears
              An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

Acoma now i come to think about it my little flock have been keeping a lowwww profile since i started on the oven.
                Christo no that is folage. on my higher res image you can make it out the chickens are directly behind my back when i took that photo.

Mark

Comment

I love those beads you're making. Really cool!

Wish we could keep chickens in our garden, but we have one set of really awful neighbours and they'd take us to court because of the noise as soon as you could say "cluck"...

So I say keep your chickens, count your eggs before they're hatched and look into WFO recipes with lots of eggs in them!
                  "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
                  http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Wow
                    big couple of days. i have had big highs and now low lows.
                    on saturday i made fetta cheese ,Yoghurt and gourmet fetta.
                    this was very productive and then today i made Gouda/edam cheese, riccotta and paneer, Cultured sour cream and butter milk.
                    this was good to do and i even then used the Yoghurt to make a waldorf salad.
                    we used some pears and apples from the garden and hazelnuts we picked from a farm down the road. oh and of course the bum nuts were from the Dixi chicks.
                    the sad/low mood is that not all of my insulation bricks did not turn up.
                    so now i can not start building the oven.
                    i will post photos of my garden edge tommorrow i am very pleased with way they hve come out.

Mark

Comment

well things are getting back on track now. i have formed up most of the next garden bed but did not have enough matirial to form up the complete thing.
                      as you can see from the images i will have a joint in the walls. oh well the mesh goes through the whole wall so it will work.

Comment

For those of you who dont know it is Autumn here. i took these photos while i was waiting for some people.

Comment

Originally posted by Hagrid View Post
                          For those of you who dont know it is Autumn here.
                          Yes indeed, autumn is there! It's my favorite time of year, but honestly, you're welcome to it at the moment. I'm quite happy to have spring up here!

Yard work season, but I don't aspire to your level in that realm! I'll stick with the oven for now. Nice looking work!

Comment

Ed
                            when it all started out i was not looking at anything like what it has become. i have this song going around in my head "From little things big things grow" and that is how it went from oven to yard.
                            As i am going along i must say i am happy with the results if not a little slow.

Mark

Comment

well i am chuffed i have just finished the last garden bed and now can start looking at getting into the oven.
                              i have been trolling this site for a bit and am after any info people are willing to offer on any subject.
                              Regards
                              Mark

Comment

So hows my arch look
                                i was not sure if i was ment to do it first or after a couple of rows but oh well it is done now.
                                No cracks and working on my first course.

Comment

Working...
                                X