Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChrisC
    replied
    Pizza floor and dome construction begins. Only forms used during the build was to aid in supporting the arch bricks until the keystone was placed. These are all medium duty firebricks, with a taper from side to side for the bricks used in the dome construction.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisC
    replied
    Base construction sequence. This is 8” concrete block with every other core filled. The slab shown here is standard concrete with a reinforcing grid tied into the bars in the cores. Rigid refractory insulation was unavailable here in Nicaragua, so ended up pouring an additional 2” of insulating refractory cement on top.

Leave a comment:

• UtahBeehiver
    replied
    Congrats on finishing the oven. That is a very nice looking door with the wood craving. It is too bad you did not post more on the progress of the oven. Everyone can learn from any build.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisC
    started a topic Finished 42 inch oven in Nicaragua

Finished 42 inch oven in Nicaragua

Finally completed the door for my oven based on the Ebook from this site. Had to make some material substitutions along the way due to material availability in Nicaragua. With the aid of a Nicaraguan who had some familiarity with masonry, we built the oven over several months (was also finishing my house, so the oven wasn’t the top priority. I’ll start with some of the completed photos and then post various photos from the build progress.

Working...
X