Primavera Oven photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Primavera Oven photo

Here is the stand with the cross brace. For now, we are passing on wheels. The oven is pretty heavy, and we recommend assembling the stand where you want it, and having four strong guys (or five regular guys) put the oven in the stand using 2"X4"s to help. It's heavy, but you only have to do it once.

We are really excited about this in FB-land.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Any reason why the cross bracing is not on all sides?

Adding it to the other two sides will help make sure it does not collapse in that direction.

Christo
      My oven progress -
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
      sigpic

Comment

Hey Christo,

How are you doing? Lots of travel?

Our metal designer thinks it is very stable this way, so we don't need the extra cost or weight. It was almost solid enough without these braces.

I think it still looks nice -- without becoming too industrial.

What do you think?
        James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I really like it....!

Comment

Awww, they're so sweet! Little baby ovens...
            And you may be surprised to hear that I really like the twirly bits on the legs
            "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

I'm glad my wife did not see this oven - I would have been robbed of the fun of building my own!!!

I think this could be a very good seller. My brother in law can't build an oven due to covenants in his subdivision.

Since this is really more the size of a big charcoal BBQ - I think he might be able to sneak this through. With the stand being so airy, I think it makes it look less scary....

Travel starting back soon - China and India this time.

Best of Luck!!

Christo
              My oven progress -
              sigpic

Comment

I got this in the email today. Very fun -- the Primavera oven can definite make pizza. :-)
                James

"We got it [the dough] right! We had 6 adults and 5 kids and we had a blast as well as each pizza turned out perfect! We are so hooked, why haven't we done this sooner?

Really, James the oven worked just great. After every other pizza the floor cooled down a little, but we'd put on another log, get another 2 pizza's ready and by the time we were ready to put it in the floor was fine again. There were a couple times were it was a bit too hot and not wanting to burn, we would hold it up in the air in the dome."
                Last edited by james; 09-29-2008, 06:39 PM.
                Pizza Ovens
                Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

hi, i am very interested in this oven. are there any other members on this forum that has purchased this?

i definitely would like the wheel option. ive been waiting for a movable wood fired oven for awhile!

Comment

also, would it be possible to see the primevera cook some pizza or bread?

Comment

So is the final version of the oven the one with yellow paint, terra cotta chimney and the cross bracing on the stand?

Comment

Hello all,

Here are a couple of new marketing photos of the Primavera oven. I really like the look. It is the yellow paint with a brown glaze, the terracotta chimney and the cross bracing. The vent/chimney draw really well and the stand is very solid (no wobble). This really ended up a serious oven, with some serious cooking performance.

Keep looking for more cooking videos. We're just getting going with those. James' self-help videos. :-)

We are planning on using photo #1 for marketing.
                        James
                        Pizza Ovens
                        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

James,
                          Photos look great. I just received a primavera the other day. Crating was excellant. We set it up on the stand and started curing last night. The oven really is great looking. It is VERY heavy. You definately need four strong men to move it. If anyone has any questions feel free to email me.
                          I cant wait to cook in the oven.

Comment

Hi James,

I like pic #1, too. The plant is a nice touch. Think it might need a dog in the back.....

As far as additional marketing tools, I think videos of your various ovens/tools/accessories in action would be very cool, too. I think Erasmo had asked about one for the Primavera, earlier. Seeing is believing!!!

I think this will be a good seller for you. Best of luck!!!

Christo
                            My oven progress -
                            sigpic

Comment

I am into my second day of curing the Primavera 60. I am very nervous about maintaining the temperatures as specified in the directions. Does anyone have any advice about curing this oven.
                              Thanks

Comment

Hey Erasmo,

Curing isn't rocket science (or Swiss watch repair). Shoot for general temperature ranges and stick to the schedule and you will be fine. You really can't push it, as there is just a lot of water to work out of the oven. You will really "feel" the change in the oven toward the end, where it will be easier to get your fire going, the oven will draw better and smoke less, and it will start jumping forward in temperature.

You'll be fine! :-)

James
                                Pizza Ovens
                                Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
                                X