Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Primavera Oven photo

hello there from nj!
    once you start cooking, please post pictures. i cant wait to hear your review. i plan on buying one after winter, or possibly keep it in the garage and cook there? wonder if that would be a safety hazard.

also, i am pretty curious how well it can hold bread baking temps and what the temp is keeping a small fire in the back.

thanks!

Originally posted by ERASMO View Post
    James,
    Photos look great. I just received a primavera the other day. Crating was excellant. We set it up on the stand and started curing last night. The oven really is great looking. It is VERY heavy. You definately need four strong men to move it. If anyone has any questions feel free to email me.
    I cant wait to cook in the oven.

Comment

hi james, whats the temp of the oven when keeping a small fire all the way in the back? how would i go about making batches of ciabatta and french baguettes keeping the oven temp around 450-500?

cant wait to see more youtube videos! the pizza looks awesome.

Comment

James
        Thanks for the reply. How about the duration of the cure. I have a hard time having the fire in the oven for more than a few hours because of my work schedule. I know it would be great to have the fire going all day but that doesnt seem to be possible for me.

Comment

Here are a couple of nice Primavera photos installed at folks' homes. Nice.
          James
          Pizza Ovens
          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

More Primavera pics.

Heating oven in snow.

Pizza station---Be sure to notice the oven outside the window.

Comment

Video of my first attempt in my Primavera 60.
              YouTube - WOOD FIRED OVEN PIZZA PART ONE FORNO BRAVO GALANTINO PRIMAVERA 60
              YouTube - GALANTINO WOOD FIRED OVEN PIZZA PART TWO FORNO BRAVO PRIMAVERA 60

We love it!!

Comment

Erasmo great looking videos.

I received my primavera early november, took time to setup and cure.
                (too Busy) but now fired-up. this oven really cooks great and looks good.

Had one question, if you don't use the oven for 1 to 2 weeks or 1 month
                do we need to recure?

I'm new to the forum and in Minnesota, What about Freezing temps -20?

Roger

Comment

Roger,

I had the same question. See attached thread.
                  http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f16/...rees-5629.html

What have you been cooking in the oven? Would be great to see some pics.

Comment

Thanks for responding so fast but forgot to ask you if you have a chimney cap?
                    Do you cover your oven with something. (rain/snow) Did not notice on FB sight
                    if they recomend anything.

So far cooking pizza,flat bread,Chestnuts. I'll try to send pictures.

Thanks Again
                    Roger

Comment

Roger,
                      I did order a copper cap for mine http://www.copperchimneycaps.com/images/acoppslip4.jpg
                      Im not happy with it!

I use a boat center console cover to cover mine when not in use. The primavera has a weatherproof coating but I feel better covering it when not in use.

If you just want to cover the chimney you can get a nice terracotta flower pot base.

Comment

Roger

Here is my cover.

Comment

How do you keep the metal stand from rusting?

I haven't set up the oven yet, but the stand has been outside for a couple days. There was a slight drizzle one day and it looks like the stand is starting to rust.

Any ideas? Thanks

Comment

Map

I have the Primavera and have the same problem. It seems they need to put a heavier coat of good quality paint on the unit. I am going to repaint my stand come spring.

Be sure when you go to set it up you have some strong guys on hand. It is heavy!
                            Last edited by ERASMO; 12-18-2008, 11:46 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Sorry about the paint guys,

Send us the bill for the paint and we will reimburse you -- and we will be sure to talk with the metal fabricator about the finish so this doesn't happen in the future.
                              James
                              Pizza Ovens
                              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I'm a big fan of powercoating. I powdercoated the frame on my car when I restored it 7 years ago and it still looks fresh as new (when I wash it). (actually - its been a bit longer than that)

How are sales going on the primavera? We are starting to hear more and more from new owners.

Happy New Year!

Christo
                                Last edited by christo; 01-04-2009, 09:08 AM.
                                My oven progress -
                                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X