X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Our WFO in " Jersey"

Originally posted by David Manchester View Post
    Dutch,
    I will try asking some local orchards for their trimmings, good idea! Good luck with everything and keep us posted. We were in Columbus Miss. not too long ago for my Brother in laws graduation from Flight school for the Air force, are you close to there?

Les,
    Hey thanks man, getting a compliment from you is like a nod from the master Thanks for all your info you posted on your build it was a great help!

Dave
    Not far from Columbus...2 hours maybe?
    Best
    Dutch
    "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
    "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

You do need to realize that because you are brave enough to stretch out creatively and do something new, it releases others to be creative with their ovens. There is no way someone could copy your masterpiece so they will just have to do their own thing. Thats what I love about wood-fired ovens, they are such an expression of individuals. Very nice job, and I wish you MANY years of enjoyment.

Comment

Well thanks Kross. I just wanted to do something that I could individualize, I think everyone who has contributed to this forum has put their own signature on their work. I'm working on the door design now, here's a pic.
        Dave
        David and Cynthia Manchester

Comment

Les,
          Hey thanks man, getting a compliment from you is like a nod from the master
          Just temporary - Todd has the potential do achieve the perfect dry fit, if that is the test. I think we are all masters - we took very little and made something with our hands and imagination. At the end of the day, I think that's the game. I still love what you built - mine is going to be boring in retrospect.

PS - Where is Todd, haven't heard from him in a while?

Les...
          Last edited by Les; 09-17-2008, 07:35 AM.
          Check out my pictures here:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Les,
            Your oven is not boring at all, it's super clean! the pointing on the bricks is perfect and the build was spot on. I haven't seen Todd's on a while but his is shaping up nicely.

Comment

Had a day off (contracting is slow here in NJ) so I started the rock trail on the dome and cut the leftover wood from my fencing and stored it under the oven. Let me know what you guys think.
              Dave
              P.s. I ran out of little rocks so I'm off for some more

Comment

Very nice! Belongs in an art museum. What are you using to attach the stones?
                Picasa web album
                Oven-building thread

Comment

Thanks Hansen, I'm using tile mastic to adhere the stones, tedious but works. I managed to find more stones in an art supply store. So I'll be back at it. I have to stop messing with the oven and get to finishing the rest of the area. I'd like to start on the peninsula and cabinets, just have other projects that need gettin to. I'll be sure to post though. Now I'm going to make some dough, and finish wiring the plug on the back of the oven for the Christmas lights that will run up the tree behind it.
                  Dave
                  p.s. oven is looking good! Hey what flour do you use to make Naan?

Comment

p.s. oven is looking good! Hey what flour do you use to make Naan?
                    Thanks Dave, but you put mine to shame! I just use either all-purpose or high-gluten. Nothing special.

- Daren
                    Picasa web album
                    Oven-building thread

Comment

Fired it up tonight, made some Foccacia, and roasted some marshmallows in the firepit. I tried taking some night pics, put this point and click doesn't do the best with them. Got to run some of the lights up the tree until I ran out of ladder...
                      Dave

Comment

Super nice and lovely swirls...

I'd be proud to have had any influence at all on those - although they're completely different from mine.
                        "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Frances,
                          Your design was definitely the inspiration fro our swirls Might be adding some little ones here and there, but my wife keeps yelling at me to move on to the rest of the area! I still have to get the 2x12's for the pergola....

Comment

one slick landing and oven - wow

Nice Santa Fe Trasplant to NJ

Comment

It's funny you mention Santa Fe , Jengineer, It was part of our inspiration for this. My Wife's uncle lived out there so we visited, and fell in love with the architecture. So it's a lil' slice of Santa Fe (no pun intended) here in New Jersey.

Thanks !

Comment

hi, where about nj are you from? i am from washington twp area.

Comment

Working...
                                X