Our Wood fire Oven in Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Our Wood fire Oven in Mexico

Well we are all done building our woodfire oven and are now open for buisness. Rescoldos Mediterranean Bistro has been open for 3 weeks now and we have been really busy!!!! Anyone living or visiting Merida Mexico, we would love for you come and try one of our delicious pizzas or calzones. I have posted some more photos of our oven and our pizzas, everything turned out great!!!! Keeping the old cement water sistern and turning it into our woodfire oven was the best idea we had and everyone loves the way it turned out, it's the center of attraction at our restaurant!!!!

Comment

That is fabulous. What a great decision to use sistern -- it looks great!
      James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Excellent! Congratulations on your oven and your restaurant! Beautiful!

Drake
        My Oven Thread:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Originally posted by Rojo Vivo View Post
          We are turning our old cement cistern into our wood fire stove. We had some trouble finding perilite here in Mexico but it finally arrived today. We will pour our insulated floor this afternoon finally.
          My husband and I are building a home in Tulum Mexico and have planned a pizza oven in the backyard. We were excited to see your oven! We think it is going to look great when finished. Would love to see more pictures. Where did you purchase the oven? Did you purchase it there in Merida or in the states and have it shipped? Hope to here back from you soon. Thanks

Comment

Hi...it's been a while since I've been on here,,, we have had our oven now for seven years and the floor now needs to be replaced....the bricks have deteriated greatly . We use it five nights a week all night long for our restaurant and I don't think the bricks were of great quality. Please help....

Comment

Perhaps you could remove your current cooking floor bricks and pour castable refractory cement floor. This would create a monolithic slab which I would think would be helpful in a commercial oven. Perhaps you could hit it with a diamond grinder or a sander to really smooth it out once it has cured? Of course, it will take some time for the cement to cure so it may not be the best choice if you are using the oven every night for the restaurant.

Comment

Working...
              X