Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony's Forno Cefalo

Scroll down for the pics!!!

ok, this is it for this week, i just was a bit backlogged with getting the pictures uploaded... here we poured the concrete into the blockes using a great funnel invention form a plastic garden pot. framed up the hearth base and poured a 4"slab. The Master, my dad gino, giving it the final touches..

i can't work on it this weekend, but hopefully soon i will have the insulating floor down and will begin assembling my oven... can't wait!
    Last edited by antonio cefalo; 06-03-2009, 01:09 PM.

Re: Anthony's Forno Cefalo

Anthony,

Your images are coming in wrong. Save your pictures as JPEG - select this paper clip and browse to where you stored them and upload.

Les...
    Last edited by Les; 06-03-2009, 11:54 AM.
    Check out my pictures here:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Hey Anthony,

Also, no need to make a new thread for every post, just reply to your own initial post. Looks like a great start!
      Drake
      My Oven Thread:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

pics coming soon!
        Last edited by antonio cefalo; 06-03-2009, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Here are some recent pics of our progress, hopefully these come across bigger so you can see....

Comment

these are the beginning days, dug the form down over 12 inches and then packed down about 10" of crushed stone. Dave Roberto was the rake master for the day and i was the tamper...

My wife Kara had a nice pizza lunch waiting for us....can't wait to have the real stuff soon!
            Last edited by antonio cefalo; 06-05-2009, 06:21 AM.

Comment

here are some more pics showing the progress. after filling in the dug out form with stone and tamping it out we formed the oven area and the two counters.

My Gomba Dave was the man with this.. put plastic sheeting down to help ruduce water wicking for when we pour the concrete and hopefully have a strong foundation.

lined rebar and fencing in the forms and tied it all together..
              Last edited by antonio cefalo; 06-05-2009, 06:22 AM.

Comment

ok... the next day we went and rented a mini cement truck.. never saw one of these but it was great as it was a trailer with a motor that kept it spinning...and the concrete workable... dumped it right into the form and leveled it off... added a nice finishing touch with naming the oven...Forno Cefalo
                Last edited by antonio cefalo; 06-03-2009, 07:09 PM.

Comment

ok, a week has passed here and the concrete slab is nicely curing.

Time to begin the dry stacking of the form for the oven base and the counters.. thanks to all the great tips from Forno Bravo and to an old friend Hope Looney who built a pizza oven down in CT and has given me great guidence. base for the oven is in the center and then two counters off to each side of the oven. counter on the left will be prep counter and to the right...well that's where we can eat the pizza...

you are also seeing the progress of my garden in the background.
                  Last edited by antonio cefalo; 06-05-2009, 06:24 AM.

Comment

i took monday off to fill in the dry stacked blocks with rebar and concrete. that went well and i decided to move forward and frame out the oven base floor and prep it for pouring another concrete slab (4" thick).

All went well especially with our new invention...the concrete funnel picture below was made from a plastic pot and duck tape. made pouring the concrete into the blocks easy with 5 gallon buckets! i may patent this..

taking a break this weekend, but hope to have the insulated hearth floor started next week followed by starting to set the oven walls!
                    Last edited by antonio cefalo; 06-05-2009, 06:25 AM.

Comment

updated pics of the wood fired forno progress
                      - on top of the hearth slab i layed 1" FB
                      - on top of the 1" FB i layed Insulating Refractory Bricks
                      - I layed 12x12 Fire bricks on top of the Insulation layers.
                      - I had a precast dome and walls made that pieced together for the oven. I used refractory mortor to join the seams and sunk masonry ancors in to help hold the insulation i packed on afterwards.
                      - for insulation around the oven i used a refractory insulation that was mixed with water.
                      - the Final pic below is the first fire curing all the masonry work
                      Last edited by antonio cefalo; 06-24-2009, 05:23 AM.

Comment

the oven is complete and we enjoyed firing it up for the first official time on fathers day!

i framed in the oven with metal studs, very easy to work with and boarded it up with cement board.

we enjoyed firing it up on fathers day and cooked about 8 pies in it. learned a lot with respect to the cooking temp!! the first couple were being cooked on a floor of 800F + and it was to hot. when it cooled down to about 700, it was ideal.

the next steps is to put the counters in place and face the oven with stone or stucco.
                        Last edited by antonio cefalo; 06-24-2009, 05:26 AM.

Comment

we started the stone work! trying to debate on what i do with the roof..

Comment

we finished stoning the other sides and added some accent beams to the forno. i just got my hands on spanish roof tiles that i will be working on next.

Comment

Hey Antonio! That is a great looking oven! Thanks for the pictures!
                              Drake
                              My Oven Thread:
                              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Working...
                              X