Another Aussie Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another Aussie Oven

You just gotta love the freebies! My reo, stand bricks, Oven bricks, chicken wire and even the wood that I am burning all came from the freebie god.

Comment

Steady progress is being made on my oven build. I have now finished the 5th course and completed the transition around the inner arch so that course 6 will be a complete circle.

I'm glad that I don't have to do any more compound cuts around the transition!
      Paul

Deficio est nusquam tamen vicis ut satus iterum
      (Failure is nothing but the opportunity to start again)

Comment

Hey Alter,,,
        Looks really good.... Whats the beer count ?? and whats the brick per beer ratio...??

Cheers
        Mark....

Comment

Originally posted by ThisOldGarageNJ View Post
          Looks really good.... Whats the beer count ?? and whats the brick per beer ratio...??
          Thanks Mark.

The beer count to date is 27 but this is since I broke ground on 31st August. I haven't counted the bricks so I can't give you the B/B ratio. The rate that the bottles accumulate on the fence has more to do with the tempreature on the day. On Sunday the temp got to 39 deg C (102F) and quite a few were added but yesterday afternoon after work it was only 19 deg C (66F) so no bottles were added.

Paul
          Paul

Comment

well at the end as long as you can give us the BTO (beer to oven) ratio.....

Comment

Originally posted by Alter ego View Post
              Thanks Mark.

The beer count to date is 27 but this is since I broke ground on 31st August. I haven't counted the bricks so I can't give you the B/B ratio. The rate that the bottles accumulate on the fence has more to do with the tempreature on the day. On Sunday the temp got to 39 deg C (102F) and quite a few were added but yesterday afternoon after work it was only 19 deg C (66F) so no bottles were added.

Paul
              Nice work on your oven. Good thing I'm building in the winter, I won't be drinking too many beers. Although the friend that helped my pour my slab today came over at 10AM with a beer in hand.

Tom
              Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

Comment

Hi Paul

I was reading through various threads and only just found yours!!

Looks great! We started at the same time but you are well ahead.

Love the saw.... Did you try to get it for less than the $880 we paid?

PS hope your only drinking premium beers
                John

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/j...-wfo-7911.html

The difference between a successful person and others is not the lack of strength, nor the lack of knowledge… but rather, the lack of will power.

Comment

great job so far Paul!

cheers,
                  Mitch.
                  -------------------------------------------
                  My 2nd Build:
                  Is here

Comment

Originally posted by John K View Post
                    Love the saw.... Did you try to get it for less than the $880 we paid?

PS hope your only drinking premium beers
                    John,

I did get it for less but only $1 less. I bought it on EBay from the same company as yours for $799 + $80 freight to Newcastle!

The beer required to build a pizza oven to the stage it is has been varied. So far I have had needed:
                    Boag's (Tasmania)
                    Coopers (South Australia)
                    Pepperjack Ale (South Australia)
                    Barons Black Wattle (NSW)
                    Little Creatures (Western Australia)
                    Peroni (Italy)
                    Carona (Mexico)
                    Kirin (Japan)

During the rest of the build I will try to have a beer from each state in Aus and from each country where someone has a WFO. Now there's a challange!

Paul
                    Paul

Comment

Glad to see your progress Paul! I was surprised to see that New Castle wasn't in your list of beers, but then I realized the new castle beer must be brewed in England. Around here it has a good reputation. We also have a lot of local micro-breweries too. Right now I'm sipping on some of my own home-brew amber ale. I'm going to have to stock up on my home brew supply before I start throwing pizza parties though. I'll want to make sure my guests get the complete do-it-yourself experience.

Keep it up, we're watching!

Darius

Comment

Newcastle Brown?

Generally - English beers haven't made much of an in-road in Australia.

You can certainly buy them.... but just let your mates see you.
                        -------------------------------------------
                        My 2nd Build:
                        Is here

Comment

Getting Closer......

The brick laying is slowing down considerably now that I get higher but getting thirsty with the prospect of finishing the dome.
                          Paul

Comment

Paul...
                            So close,, Nice work, I hope when I get home tonight i see the completed dome pics...

DO you Have a SPecial beer for laying the final brick ??

Cheers and good luck
                            Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ThisOldGarageNJ View Post
                              DO you Have a SPecial beer for laying the final brick ??
                              Mark,

I didn't complete the dome yesterday but I have now finished that course that is only half complete in the picture. Only one more course to go and the key stone which I will get finished by the weekend.

For my plan to drink a beer from every country where someone has build a pizza oven I will start on American beers. These are not too common in Aus apart from the mass produced beers but I did find the following beers:
                              Flying dog from Frederick, Maryland
                              Sameul Adams from Boston
                              Rouge from Newport, Oregon.

I will have a "topping out" ceremony when the keystone goes in and taste one & maybe more of these beers.

Paul
                              Paul

Comment

Quite nice! I am very envious. I've only got the first row above the soldiers cut. Buy, hey, that means more beers......

Comment

Working...
                                X